PDA

View Full Version : ongoing problem with working in digital 2d

gabeg
10-12-2005, 07:48 AM
Most of the work I create are at high resolution for printing. The problem I am having is that I like to be able to see the whole canvas when sketching and working my composition out w/o having to zoom in and out. the problem is, is that when working at anything other than 100% the lines that I have drawn ar inaccurate and only look accurate at 100%. I know that photoshop looks pretty good at 25, 50, 75 and 100% but painter seems to only look good at 100%.

When working traditionaly on paper or canvas you always can see the "whole picture" but I find with digital media you always have to do the zoom in and out approach "tunnel vision".

This makes it very hard for me to get a overall feel for the painting.

If im making any sense, id love to hear some feedback.

Thanks

DizainLand
10-12-2005, 12:06 PM
from Window menu > Arrange > New Window for "your doc"
make if 50 or 25 % zooming

align them and work with the doc that 400 zoom

and thing you do will update ther

i hope i helped :)

peace

gabeg
10-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Ive known that increments of 25 work well in photoshop, but painter doesnt seem to look right at any level but 100%. Seems like a painter problem. Unfortunatley they have the best sketching tools. looks like im going to have to stick with paper, pencil and a scanner till I figure this one outm and then do the painting in painter. thanks for the reply!

CGTalk Moderation
10-12-2005, 10:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.