PDA

View Full Version : problems with rendering audio

iso
11-13-2002, 07:55 AM
I can't get the audio file to be heard in the render. I looked in the manual, but couldn't find anything on the topic (wierd?). i don't see any options in the rendering options window about audio. The audio file works ok in realtime, and is heard on the preview renders, just not in the final render. i appreciate the help. Thanks

Jimzip
11-13-2002, 08:33 AM
I don't actually think that's possible. (If it is, then I Haven't heard of it)
The audio is just for tuning (so to speak) your animation. Lip syncing and character motions rendered out to movies won't have audio tracks, you have to put it in yourself with some sort of editing program. (After effetcs, iMovie if you're a Mac user, Premiere, etc.)
Sorry.:hmm:

dark_lotus
11-13-2002, 09:01 AM
You can't. You have to do audio outside of lightwave. Video Toaster is ideal.

anieves
11-13-2002, 12:44 PM
Yep, outside of LW you have more creative freedom anyways. I use Digidesign Protools in my Mac right now I am waiting for their OSX release.

You can save a small movie to import to Protools and match your audio to the movie track. You can also use Deck which is available for OSX already.

leigh
11-13-2002, 03:14 PM
Or just use any editing package, such as Premiere, Speed Razor, or whatever. Some compositing packages can add audio too, like After Effects :)

iso
11-13-2002, 04:14 PM
that makes sense. Thanks for the help.

anieves
11-13-2002, 08:13 PM
I discourage people to edit audio in After Effects. Its just not design to handle audio and if you happen to have clips recorded at different rates forget it, instant nightmare. Then After Effects handles everything in layers not a good thing when you have several sounds in any given shot; you can end up with hundreds of layers, try to edit audio that way.

Now Premiere probably would be a better choice than AEFx because of its NLE nature. This is just my opinion.

Just a reminder... ProTools has a free version which has 8 tracks to edit with that is plenty of tracks unless you do pro audio and the chances are if you do pro audio you would already be using Protools and therefore no need to post the question in the first place:p

iso
11-13-2002, 08:39 PM
thanks again. Too bad that pro tools doesn't work on WinXP. Is there any other free programs of the like out there?

anieves
11-14-2002, 04:01 PM
I dunno...
Maybe they'll release an xp version after the OSX version.

they do have a Windows 98 version tho... :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.