PDA

View Full Version : Getting psycho on strokes

azreal_hymn
02-25-2002, 07:04 PM
This is a character i did a couple of week back. Sending it in for fun cos this is my first time on this post, so what the heck, since there is one more spot on the WIP. Did this in an hour max. A bit of Giger influence here cos i am a Giger fan when i was young ( a bit jaded nowadays, but that is just me :) ).

comment are extremely appreciated and welcome.

thinking more in lines of mutants and subtle mechanical reinforcement into flesh and stuff. the right hand is basically it's weapon because of the extra attachment to the proportion. didnt manage to finish the feet area cos by the time i was done with the top, i realize i dont have enough space to complete the feet :D.

Khar_Negt
02-25-2002, 08:52 PM
Uhmm, I don't think it's bad and I love giger too... but i'm a bit lost in all those line... need more contrast, or less details I don't know but it's really confusing in this state(don't know where and what to look at)

Titan
02-25-2002, 09:27 PM
I love it man.......there are a lot of detail lines to get lost in, but that too can be art in itself if that was the artists intended purpose.....great work man, an hour you say?
wish I could draw that fast...., it takes me a little longer.;)

daftlamb
02-25-2002, 09:55 PM
:D
nice£¡i like this style

DAVID LOPEZ
02-26-2002, 05:18 PM
Nice design.

But you´re going to get crazy if you want to model it! :)

azreal_hymn
02-26-2002, 10:58 PM
Nah, i dont think i am gonna model it. Most of my design are a bit to the conceptual idle hand kinda way. for 3-d i have a different approach, which are a bit more uniform. its good to get wild once in a while and just let your hand do the thinking AND the drawing. It's my portable shrink.

Shimotsuki
02-27-2002, 01:51 AM
your style reminds me of Metal Gear Solid seris. the way Mr. Shinkawa (character design of MGS seris) uses brush strokes to define volumes and shapes is just incredible. Personally, if you could vary the weight of lines to suggest shadows in your drawing, it might bring more perspective to the character. just a thought :)

OZ
03-04-2002, 05:55 PM
OH MY!!!!! M E G A C O O O L !!!!

alchoi
03-05-2002, 07:02 PM
Definitely brutal .....

bent
03-08-2002, 06:42 PM
hey hey, not half bad indeed....makes me think of something between Akira and Moebius...
Great detail, i agree that line of different weight would help, whereas adding shadow at this point might kill it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.