PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Surface

707wolf
10-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Hi all! Sorry for such a stupid question, and im sure its out there i just cant find it, but can any of u guys give me a good surface texture for a mirror? More specifically a solid chrome bumper. something very realistic. I would owe u...my life???

707wolf
10-11-2005, 06:57 PM
sorry, i figured it out. sorry to waist ur time

707wolf
10-11-2005, 07:02 PM
well i thought i did, but when i rendered it it just turns out black, i thought if i took all the color out of it, it would look like a shiny mirror chrome surface but no. So, i still need ur help

_-_twiggy_-_
10-11-2005, 07:44 PM
hey

make sure you have ray-traced transparency on

Danny

blaqDeaph
10-11-2005, 11:54 PM
hey

make sure you have ray-traced transparency on

Danny

Not for a mirror :D

Perhaps you're looking for reflection/refraction?

What settings did you use for the mirror?

habaņero
10-12-2005, 12:00 AM
And maybe something for it to reflect ... A mirror in a dark room or pointing at a dark place, often blackness going on.

telamon
10-12-2005, 01:17 AM
Could you provide us with more details with your lighting setup including position of the camera and the object you are trying to reflect.

Make a quick test using any texture environment and see if it reflects something (unless it is in a close black space).

Anyway for mirror, crankle up your reflection parameter in surface editor.

Dragon_Lee
10-12-2005, 09:05 PM
A mirror is not a mirror if it has nothing to reflect........

Build something for it to reflect ... be it a skydome or objects around it... or a backdrop image of sorts...

But I have the impression its more a chrome effect thats needed above true mirror...

leigh
10-13-2005, 01:05 AM
A mirror is not a mirror if it has nothing to reflect........

Yep, that's the essential ingredient, so often overlooked. If you give it something to reflect, you'll see reflections ;)

_-_twiggy_-_
10-13-2005, 03:07 AM
Not for a mirror :D

Perhaps you're looking for reflection/refraction?

What settings did you use for the mirror?

haha oops! .. it was very early when i woke up .. i was still sleepy!:scream:

CGTalk Moderation
10-13-2005, 03:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.