denntanos
12-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Dubbel post. sorry

denntanos
12-15-2005, 04:24 PM
ha, Funny you asking for me now CipherL
cause I havent been logged into Cgtalk for about 3 weeks, Thats cause I have
got my first "real" job, Into cg. :P
but the problem should then be that I havent work one minute at the Sword, and I still have
work to do, so If any body else wanna finish the sword, then lets go for it.
If you dont want to have with my model to do, then Make a new one. :cool:

DiegoFloor
12-16-2005, 02:06 AM
Heavens!! after many.. many cursing! i think i've nailed young suki's face!
what you guys think?! :bounce:
http://www.geocities.com/ollimuzg/suki_wip8.jpg

DiegoFloor
12-16-2005, 02:07 AM
could someone draw over her some hair/eyebrow/eyelashes to see if this bald weird girl is looking good? lol :D

Boone
12-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Re: DiegoFloor.

Yeah, I give it a thumbsup. But the older version should be fatter in the cheeks, a scar covering her right eye, a beard, a parrot on her shoulder... :twisted:

DiegoFloor
12-16-2005, 02:17 PM
lol thanks! i dont even know if i'm the one that will make the older one, thats up to the boss hehehe :D

littlebluerobots
12-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Hey, thats looking amazing... Its just like the concept art.... great work.... now we need the rest of the body...
I think all clothes should be modeled in the T position (with wrinkles for non cloth sim) and either skin wrapped or cloth simulated... but if the cloth sim is taking to lonk, we could just set up a simple morph for wrinkles, and some flex for flapping cloth....

gunslingerblack
12-17-2005, 07:36 PM
i would suggest modelling the clothes in the t position for texture mapping, and then adjusting the arms and cloth down to the "relaxed" position for rigging (better deformations that way)

my suggestion on the pipeline.

Boone
12-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Re: SawInx.

Just thought I'd check in to see how you're doing with that shot-list. If you've really hit a dead-end, I'll answer any questions you may have.

littlebluerobots
12-19-2005, 07:50 PM
dennatos, please send me the max file so someone else can finish it off...

Anybody else who is working on the project, post you updates...

Sofar we have DeigoFloor and Deathstar who have updated.

cipherL
12-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Just doing a collection of current projects, like bossman suggested I should....

These are the current concepts.There will be more concepts to work from in the new year.
Any concepts waiting to be modeled are open to any 3d artists who feel they are up to the task.

young suki: being modeled by DiegoFloor
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5460/sukiyoungconcept8sk.jpg

Older Suki and tai chi sword detail: waiting to be modeled
http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/8910/sukibattleclothessml7hy.opt.jpg

Hanzo's samurai sword detail
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6099/sukibladedetailloressml8oo.jpg

hanzo's samurai sword:model pending
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3519/sblde2yk.jpg

Ninja firearm prototype: waiting to be modeled.
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2601/revolverprototype1sml6xq.jpg

Ninja mask: waiting to be modeled
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/sun-tzu/ninja_3copy.jpg

also pending are: the Bridge (Deathstar192) and the River enviroment (LikuidSnake)

3d work in production

young suki: DeigoFlow
http://www.geocities.com/ollimuzg/suki_wip8.jpg

Hanzos Sword: Dennatos -- (awaiting replacement modeler)
http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/11836/KatanaSwordHandle.jpg

If you are interested in working on the project, please get intouch with Littlebluerobots or post here......

cg219
12-26-2005, 08:11 PM
This looks like a cool project and good for some experience. I sent you an email so get back to me when you get it.

DiegoFloor
12-27-2005, 09:58 PM
sup ppl.. just to let you know that i'll be unreachable and unable to work on the next couple of weeks
so happy holydays everyone! cya all in a couple of weeks :D

cg219
12-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Hi everyone, I'd like to join, and was told to work on Suki's Blade. Which one is Suki's blade?? lol

Some of my Sword Work

http://www.artbycg.vzz.net/Images/legolas.jpg

cipherL
12-28-2005, 08:52 PM
your image isnt showing....
Sukis Blade is the tai chi sword..... you can find referance for it on page 11 and the referance for the hilt on this page. The design is loose so try to get the feel of both referance peices in your model... and bossman says "Welcome to the team".

cg219
12-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Thanks, Im glad to be here. Is the picture showing now, I can see it.

littlebluerobots
12-29-2005, 01:48 AM
I cant see it either......

cg219
12-29-2005, 03:36 AM
OK i'll upload it from my computer then

Edit:

ALso you should check out www.swordsonline.com for better references of swords and weapons period. There clearer and more to choose from.

DiegoFloor
12-29-2005, 05:49 AM
what a beautiful sword cg219! :) hard to tell whats texture and whats polygon
i'm going to give it a shot on hanzo's blade in a while too

hapajedi
12-31-2005, 10:56 AM
Love those concept drawings!

littlebluerobots
01-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Yeah, those swords are great....

BTW Happy new year everyone.
We are still looking for modelers and texture artists and are now on the lookout for web developers...

Cliff...

cipherL
01-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah, Happy new year all....
Nice swords too.... maybey you could work on all the weapons....
That sword link did not seem to have much that looks authentic, I wonder what GunslingerBlack thinks on the subject?....

SawInx
01-05-2006, 05:46 AM
Yeah I know it probably a little late for such greetings, but anyway just checking so you guys won't start breaking a sweat about the shotlist and what not. I could've had this done earlier but, I had school and I desperately needed a break to clear my head, I fine now and I have half the first draft done and I'll post it on the group page either friday or saturday no later, and you can rip it apart and tell what should be changed. I must admit it took me a few read to get a visual feel for it but I'm getting there. So, no worries.

Talk t you guys late.

Inx.:thumbsup:

littlebluerobots
01-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Nice to see the ball rolling again....

deathstar129
01-06-2006, 04:37 PM
hey guys being a bit busy over the holidays and tired from working. sill not used o the schedual that i am on. I will get back in the game when i do. I will do as much as i can on my days off in between my paintball team project and other daily life events.

kalyse
01-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Yeah, those swords are great....

BTW Happy new year everyone.
We are still looking for modelers and texture artists and are now on the lookout for web developers...

Cliff...

I have some good experience in Web design. PHP, HTML CSS etc. Can you be more specific when you say you are looking for web developers? To do what? How many? To work as a team?

deathstar129
01-07-2006, 01:17 AM
ya i am also a web developer and can help out there wut programming language you need?? Also wut is it that you want to do with the web pages(setup)?? I suggest using a java web based chated imbeded in the web page.

SawInx
01-07-2006, 02:33 AM
Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with the transition from 016 to 017, the fact that it's one scene split in two kind threw me off and it feels like its missing some details. Firstly, I'd like to think the fight between Ikki and Hanzo would be more sequence than just a single action, and the part when Hanzo is pushing Ikki back and Ikki jumps out of the way, in my head I think when this happens Hanzo would at atleast stumble, atleast that's what I thought until I got to 17, and he still running, when I read the this I sound more like there was no contact and Hanzo just charged and Ikki just ran through, is this the case? And I'm also not sure where is Ikki after he leaps, is he back in trees, did jump over Hanzo and is now behind him?

Another thing is when I look at the script is that it's too many unnecessary scenes, not like cut them out but, there's too many transitions from one scene to the same scene before, that kind threw me off a bit, because I'm thinking a new scene is starting when it's really the same scene, I think if you look at you really have around fifteen scenes actually at the same time frame. Maybe I should've brought this up early but I up until now I've been working me way through it.

Boone
01-07-2006, 02:37 PM

You're quite right - 16 & 17 are indeed the same scene. I split them up as one was still inside the forest, but the other had moved the action outside and towards a bridge. It was me being lazy!

I found that whole sequence with HAZNO, IKKI & SHUN quite difficult to write. Although it is SHUN's firearm that brought HANZO down, I wanted to include IKKI in the action as well - it is a coup after all! But the general idea there is that when IKKI leaps down from the tree, we see it from HANZO's POV as he is running. IKKI's tactic to delay HANZO so SHUN can catch up with him again for another shot, and therefore IKKI only defends against HANZO's attacks - and then simply leaps out of the way after a short while. Though he wouldn't leap back into the trees like Superman... :wip: ...just outside of HANZO's range will do, enough to let HANZO run off again...

Actually, if you want HANZO to stop and fight IKKI - sure. During this time, SHUN could have also stopped on a branch( Remember - SHUN attacks from the Trees, IKKI from the ground ) to quickly reload his firearm. When SHUN has finished and is on the move again, HANZO could then overcome IKKI( who leaps out of the way, of course ) and the chase begins again as HANZO will then have cleared the forest and is now running towards the bridge. Halfway between the forest edge and the bridge, HANZO is struck down by another bullet from SHUN's firearm( Who could have possibly leapt down form the trees by this time... ).

So yeah, that was a confusing scene to write! I'm not that possessive of the film if you want to spice it up a bit - as long as LBR is happy then I'm happy. Speaking of which, it would be nice to have some input from LittleBlueRobots regarding the script. I dunno - I just wrote the damn thing, thats all! :D

littlebluerobots
01-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Basically, we have a website thats being currently designed which needs building....

send me an e-mail and ill get you some more details...

Ps... the script is great, I can say anymore or people will get big headed, Im leaving it in the capable hands of you two... so get back to work :P

Cliff.

Boone
01-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Re: Littlebluerobots.

Hey, we're all from Mars - we already have big heads! :D

So you're giving us a free reign? PARTY! :bounce:

Well, there you have it! Feel free to do as you please regarding Scene 16/17. :deal:

Write the shot list up( just finish it ) and I'll have a butchers. We can always change it if we need to...

SawInx
01-11-2006, 12:54 AM
uh..........:shrug: :applause:

DiegoFloor
01-16-2006, 06:10 PM
su pppl! do we have any concept for hanzo's blade? or references?
going to work on the rest of suki's model now :P

DiegoFloor
01-16-2006, 09:37 PM
low poly body.. not very low poly tho! :D the detailed parts will be the hands, feets, 'that part of the cloth that covers the chest' and 'that kind of belt thingie'. is that ok? sugestions? (regarding the model too)
http://www.geocities.com/ollimuzg/suki_wip9.jpg

btw, dont mind the feet. as i said its going to be detailed later :)

littlebluerobots
01-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Looking good, will update the stuff later on....

cipherL
01-17-2006, 03:49 PM
The concept for Hanzos blade, is the one with the eagle motif, basically its the blade Dennatos was building...

FeCyril
01-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Hail,

I was wandering if someone could send me the script for 5 Blades. I would like to help you with the project but I am a choreographer and no animator.Ive read Boones reply and I really would like to read the 16 and 17 scene.Looks like you will have lots of action sequences.

DiegoFloor
01-18-2006, 06:51 PM
cool! a choreographer! :) but how would that work? would you scatch the ideas, film or something?

btw, that eagle thingie on hanzo's sword is kiling me! lol hopefully i'll get it right eventually :)

FeCyril
01-19-2006, 02:56 PM
cool! a choreographer! :) but how would that work? would you scatch the ideas, film or something?

btw, that eagle thingie on hanzo's sword is kiling me! lol hopefully i'll get it right eventually :)

Well I think that the best way to work online would be that somehow I or anyother Choreographer gets a scene file (for Maya, or anyother) along with lowpoly char rigs and then pose the characters(Of course not go in details like fingers and stuff) in the environment and add an explanation for the sequence.

Some kind of a Action Sequence script :twisted:

Well if you are interested ,I am willing to help you.

Boone
01-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Re: FE_Cyril.

Just the person SawInx and myself were looking for. Underneath LITTLEBLUEROBOT's signiture is a link to the Yahoo group site where we keep all our files. All the script drafts are there.

Obviously you'll need a Yahoo account to use the site. ;)

Welcome aboard. :thumbsup:

FeCyril
01-21-2006, 02:13 PM
RE: Boone

Thanks.

Great script by the way.

littlebluerobots
01-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Hi all, there should be some 3d updates by the end of Monday.....

Cliff... :D

Boone
01-22-2006, 01:46 PM

Why thank you very much - I stole the idea from a friend and simply put my name at the top. Fair play is for losers...:D

< just kidding of course! >

Seriously, although I've maked it as completed we can still make minor changes should anything need changing blablabla - feel free to speak up if something is annoying you etc... :thumbsup:

FeCyril
01-22-2006, 04:57 PM
RE: Boone

Well in that scene when Shun fires at Hanzo and he is using a flintlock pistol how could the gunpowder NOT get wet if its raining and when Hanzo spies the bow and quiver on the bridge why were they there.

Just asking no offense.:beer:

Boone
01-23-2006, 05:38 PM

You don't wanna ask a question like that - you wanna ask something like "What is the capital of Peru?"! :D

Kidding.

Yeah, that is a good point. When I wrote the screenplay, I envisioned SHUN having the firearm under his coat - only whipping it out( oo-er! ) when HANZO is down. To keep the audience guessing I suppose. But then again I did also suggest that after the first shot, SHUN reloads the firearm...so if we see that happening it goes completely out of the window...

DOH! :sad:

FeCyril
01-24-2006, 12:35 PM
RE:Boone

Oh,OK.

And what about that bow and quiver Hanzo spies,just don't make it "the mysterious in-need-poping-up bow" from House of flying daggers.:)

When will the shot list be finished?

littlebluerobots
01-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Ok, here is a look at the tweaked and textured suki, its still being worked on but it gives you a genral idea which direction were going in...

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7456/texture17om.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2559/texture24te.jpg

superchickensoup
01-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Looking great, it looks like a doll.... cant wait to see what it looks like in motion....

DiegoFloor
01-25-2006, 10:35 PM
looks great :) dont know why i thought it was suposed to be made of porcelain! :D

littlebluerobots
01-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Well I did say it was supposed to be a puppet, we still need to do some work on the hair. But for the clothes, try to remeber that they are oversized so any creases would be pretty big and there would not be many of them.... Imagine a samurai suit made of flexible foam. Also all the textures need to be bigger, showing individual fibers in a material....

Hows the sword going, if your deep on that then just send me the suki body you have done, and Ill tweak it and texture it then start on the clothes for it....

Still waiting for a bridge from Deathstar129.
And some ninja concepts from Sunil90.
and River enviroment LikuidSnake.
Can you guys let me know where you are, we need to move on with these projects.......

Cliff...

Boone
01-26-2006, 05:57 PM

Oh yeah..."The bow & Arrow". Right, I need the audience to know that it was SUKI who placed it there - I can only assume it may be a special item that is sacred to SUKI and HANZO, and that it tells HANZO that she is on his side.

I'll have to read it again but I believe I wrote an early scene where SUKI looks down at the bridge from a hill - as if its important...? :lightbulb

Hmm. "House of Flying Daggers". No thank you - I can't stand those kind of films! :scream: I know exactly what you mean, though... :D

As for the Shot-list, I left it in the hands of SawInx. I think she is a little busy at the moment though...not sure. :shrug:

Now THAT is interesting. Are you looking at this as a kind of traditional puppet show? Like a stopmotion-puppet kinda thing?

C'mon - spill the beans! :cool:

DiegoFloor
01-27-2006, 03:36 AM
i've uploaded a few images on the yahoo group of the sword. is going fine.. what do you think? :D (do i use the group for the more finished images instead of a bunch of wip images or the 5blades thread?)

i havent been able to work this week, my girlfriend's computer isn't working, so she's using mine............ i think i'm in some kind of abstinence crisis...
..... need... computer...
.....and caffeine... :argh:

littlebluerobots
01-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Yeah, well if you look back in the posts, I mention that I want it to be like a bunraku or kabuki production..... so, its all will look like its been a play in a theatre, but you cant see the wires, or puppeters, and it looks real .....

Diego, post your stuff up here too....

Still waiting for the others to report, Im considering giving out those jobs to other artist, because 3 months is way too long to model a bridge or draw a concept....

Let me know what you guys are doing ok....

Cliff...

Boone
01-28-2006, 10:44 AM

Marvelous. This is one of the things about film making that excites me - one can write a script with a certain POV only for another to actually film it with a totally different POV.

I believe this is what will make it more interesting. :cool:

FeCyril
01-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Who is modeling the environment of the duel scene between Hanzo and suki at the begining?

Oh, and who uses Maya 6.0?:)

Boone
01-29-2006, 07:30 PM

I use Maya 6.0...:curious:

SawInx
01-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Sorry it took me so long to write this, but I've been really busy lately with semester starting and everything. But I finished it and if there's editing or what not that needs to be done, I'm going to make special time for it, I promise. I uploaded the shotlist on the yahoo groups site in the file area. Read and give me feedback through my email.

See ya.

Inx

littlebluerobots
01-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Reads great...... Its fine, I cant see any problems.... unless Boone or anyone else has a problem, I think its fine to start the storyboards...

More updates on young Suki tomorrow....

Cliff...

littlebluerobots
01-30-2006, 02:37 PM
FE_Cyril: its open to any takers who think they can do it in a reasonable time....

I visualise it as the end of an alleyway between two wooden houses, that runs into a dirt road with sunbleached tufts of grass, yellow sand blowing in the wind, some srubs in the background, and the City wall behind that...

littlebluerobots
01-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Ok, some images from our esteemed DiegoFloor....
Ill post links till I upload the watermaked images on here..

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1076/hs12hz.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8871/hs21cu.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/439/hs32oa.jpg
Nice going Sir!.....

Cliff....

cipherL
01-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Brilliant.... looks like a real blade, or will do once its textured.... the only thing is that it needs to be a bit chunkier, based on the scale.... its what? quater scale or maybey fith scale....

SawInx
01-30-2006, 06:54 PM
What is the aspect ratio are you using?

TV?
Widescreen?

FeCyril
01-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Boone:

When the models are finished could you create the Stick-figure-like characters proportional
to finished models with some basic controls(if you can I will send you a PM with details and the basic controls),because I am terrible in modeling and rigging and...damn
...*screaming helplessly,and banging his head against the wall*... and I need them to
work out the choreography.

Littlebluerobots:

Are there any special pointers regarding characters fighting style that I should know about
like -no acrobatics- or -Suki favors horizontal attacks- etc?

Also if you(Boone,sawinx...) wrote somekind of life-history of Suki or anyother character please upload it on the yahoo group because basicly any information about the character helps to create a unique fight style for that character.

We do not want to see a 2 m and 130 kg of pure muscles barbarian named Befhig fight like
a french swordsman carrying a rapier, right?:twisted:

Cyril

superchickensoup
01-31-2006, 10:29 AM
soounds great

littlebluerobots
01-31-2006, 10:31 AM
Were looking at HDTV widescreen 1280x720, as for fighting styles, it would have to be somthing like tai chi chuan, seeing as her sword is chinese tai chi sword.
As for the choreography, well I think we need to plan out in 2d what is going to happen, then we can translate that into 3d either by filming the moves and rotoing in viewports or hand animating.... Im not sure we need to get stick figures for now, we have biped in 3dsmax... which boone should be looking into... :P

Cliff....

littlebluerobots
01-31-2006, 10:33 AM
DiegoFloor....
I need a copy of sukis body to fit her clothes too.... if you could send it to my yahoo adress today would be great.........

cipherL
01-31-2006, 02:53 PM
Hi, got a concept for the alleyway where the story starts.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/1460/alleyway6ej.jpg

cipherL
01-31-2006, 03:18 PM
concept of the enviroment where the battle takes place.

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/1038/enviroment0ik.jpg

FeCyril
01-31-2006, 03:30 PM
littlebluerobots....

What about Hanzo,samurai style or tai chi?

littlebluerobots
01-31-2006, 05:03 PM
Samurai....

DiegoFloor
01-31-2006, 05:39 PM
wow, a lot hapened here in thie couple of days! hehe :D i'll send you the the whole body in just a moment, cliff (if you dont mind, its shorter than your nickname! lol :D ) just delete the old head and attach your tweaked one. glad you guys are liking the sword :)

btw, i just got max 8, and the cloth simulation it offers now looks very interesting so far! fast, without glitches, deal with a lot of polygons rather well. for fabric i think its probably the best option we have.

FeCyril
01-31-2006, 05:57 PM
is anyone started modeling the backalley envirnoment, I gotta see it:drool:

cipherL
01-31-2006, 06:27 PM
I just finished making the concept, so I doubt it.... have we got any takers????

littlebluerobots
01-31-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah, well I wish it was more like that all the time...... Busy I mean....

Anyway, I think we can safetly say that the alleyway is up for grabs.... so Is the Bridge,...
We still need concepts for the ninja and their assorted masks.

So again, were looking for good modellers, and concept artist to work on these and other projects. Please post here or contact me at my e-mail...

Deigo.... yeah were looking into how heavy the cloth sim will be.....
We have had to alter suki's hair based on how long max takes to render out Hair/fur with gi... its way too long, were aiming at 3-4 mins per frame max on any element of a render.....

Cliff......

DiegoFloor
02-01-2006, 06:32 AM
did you checked out with shag hair? i dont know wich one os faster.. cant make hair/fur doesnt work here, not sure why. but i like the poney tail, and it can look great with nice textures on it, and the tail it self could even have a cloth sim on it too.

btw, what is the total render time per frame we're allowing ourselves?

cipherL
02-01-2006, 08:50 AM
Shag hair sounds like a good Idea.......

littlebluerobots
02-02-2006, 12:39 PM
well 3 mins a frame for any element.... that means you break up the image into layers and render off the elements and then composite them together again,foreground, mid, background, gi pass,Shadow pass, fog, then effects passes... its all works out better because you can tweak individual passes, and the render times dont go up towards the 8 min mark...

Boone
02-02-2006, 06:01 PM

No issues with the shot list - if Cliff is happy with it then I'm over-the-moon!

Cheers lass!. :D

Boone
02-02-2006, 06:04 PM

If its rigging in Maya - I believe I could be of assistance! :D

Boone
02-02-2006, 06:05 PM

Sounds like we need to hook up again.

Due to my new job( no - its not THAT great :banghead: ) I can only do Tuesday or Wednesday... :shrug:

littlebluerobots
02-03-2006, 04:17 PM
wow what a coincidence, tues or weds if fine... gimme a ring and we will arrange it...cliff...

FeCyril
02-04-2006, 02:05 PM
RE:Boone

All I need is environment and cliff to say GO and I will send you the details:twisted:

littlebluerobots
02-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Once I finish modelling young suki, Ill start on the Back alley....
Btw I need some more referance for Hanzo.... CipherL get the lead back in your pencil....

DiegoFloor
02-07-2006, 12:23 AM
hey cliff, i'm having difficulties modelling the eagle thing on hanzo's blade.. or at least make it look good. any sugestions on how to aproach it? i'm making the feathers separately.. its taking some time and i'm not happy with the incoming result. maybe a displacement?

littlebluerobots
02-07-2006, 02:23 PM
post me a copy of the eagle bit and ill tart it up.....

Boone
02-07-2006, 07:15 PM

Walk in the park! :cool:

No problems so far and I'm already on the case. Thanks again. :beer:

DiegoFloor
02-07-2006, 08:43 PM
here's what i got... some sort of meta balls modeling would be so useful here hehe :D
http://www.geocities.com/ollimuzg/hanzoblade6.jpg

littlebluerobots
02-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Its looking real nice, send it to us and Ill have a go on it....

Btw our estemed writer, is changing Job hats and getting in some modeling too...
Thangs everso much Boone...
Btw, I suggest dling the Max8 Sp1
from discreet.com

Cliff.

Boone
02-09-2006, 07:11 PM

"...Main office...tell him...I said...OUCH!"

Gotcha! :thumbsup:

Re: Diego Floor.

I like that alot. Can't wait til the sword is finished! :cool:

Boone
02-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Guys, I'm currently adapting to MAX8 at the moment. But that isn't preventing the pipeline from rolling...

Now that the shotlist is completed( and to be honest I can't find fault with it ) we can now move to the storyboard stage. Whos up for it? :deal:

littlebluerobots
02-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Cool, sounds great, If Saw is up for the Job fine, if not we could do with another StoryBoadr artist to fill the Gap...

SawInx
02-17-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm up for it, but I wouldn't mind having a little help since my schedule probably won't allow me to do the entire board in a short amount of time.

littlebluerobots
02-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Ok, were looking for 2 other storyboard artists to help out, Saw, I think you should start with the most difficult bit first, the main fight sequence, so the other sections can be worked on seperately.....

Ill post an ad on the storyboard section of cgtalk. too....

Cliff......

Boone
02-18-2006, 03:37 PM

I'm still adapting to MAX( MAX = C++, MAYA = Java :scream: ) but I'm starting to get my head round it. I've got a few days off work next work so I may have a bash at modelling that bridge( don't worry, I saw the jpeg you posted earlier in the thread )... :cool:

Don't worry, if Cliff can't get anyone to help you on storyboarding I shall whip out my crayons & PVC glue! :deal:

...lets pray Cliff doesn't fail. :lightbulb

littlebluerobots
02-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Well we got one, a guy named Justin.... I expect him to say hello at some point, he has got the last scene to work on...

speaking of which, the alleyway is coming along nicely, I was just doing some gi and dof tests in brazil... Ill be seeing whats best for doing photoreal renders, Mray/Brazil/Frender/or Vray...

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1139/alleywaygidoftest2um.jpg

Geohound4
02-20-2006, 10:11 PM
hey whats up im here and ready to help just let me know what to do and im on it lol it looks like you need some story board help or mybe background?? just let me know. oh and by the way its the justin fellow

Boone
02-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Re: GeoHound4.

Welcome...to another edition of THUNDER DOME! :scream: :buttrock:

Sorry...wrong initiation speech... :banghead:

Yup - if you could help out SawInx( who put together the fabulous shotlist! ) in story boarding that would be awesome. :thumbsup:

Re: LittleBlueRobots.

How about opening a storyboard folder on the group site? They can then just upload the...ummm..."pages" to that folder! :lightbulb

I have the next five days off! :bounce: But I have a f&%?ing cold... :scream: No matter - I will attempt to build "a" bridge in MAX by Sunday. Providing I know what the bloody hell I'm doing...:D

SawInx
02-21-2006, 01:31 AM
I can start with the main fight sequences, actually I'd be more comfortable working on the more complex scenes, if you don't mind.

Geohound4
02-21-2006, 03:19 AM
hey what ever makes you happy i just need the sript and just let me know what you want me for

Geohound4
02-21-2006, 03:21 AM
oh and maybe if i can see what the char's look like and the rest of teh story boards just so i know whats going on lol kinda a little lost right now

littlebluerobots
02-21-2006, 09:28 AM
Ok, look here
Here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=284775&page=18&pp=15)

Boone, your new boards folder is up.....

and CipherL should be doing an version of Hanzo as we speak..... and where are those ninjas btw....

here is older suki....http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9193/oldersuki7ki.jpg

Boone
02-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Thankfully my Cold has started to wear off, so I shall start on our bridge tommorow...

BTW Cliff, can you tell me( in meters ) the basic dimensions of this bridge? I'd really like to nail that before starting work... :lightbulb

littlebluerobots
02-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Id say 7 meters high....

Boone
02-23-2006, 12:37 PM
I assume you mean starting from the bottom of the river... :lightbulb

I have done a quick mock-up( simple boxes ) with the dimensions of the bridge( without the supports etc - just the walkway ) being 5meters in width and 15meters in length.

BTW - how about another folder for MAX scenes? Obviously zipped and very small files only... :cool:

littlebluerobots
02-23-2006, 04:40 PM
ok, max folder coming up

Boone
02-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Hear that guys - we got our own MAX folder! :bounce: And we owe it all to Cliff - without him it would not have been possible. :D

Cough.

Anyway, I've done a quick adjustment of the mock-up since this morning. Obviously the finished product will be different( arc floor , decorative posts and wonderful rails etc ) but this is just to get the size in relation to the river and Hanzo correct... :wise:

And yes, its even got a little Hanzo! :deal:

littlebluerobots
02-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Show us a render then!!

DiegoFloor
02-23-2006, 11:38 PM
hey, that scene looks cool! but i'd low the dof, makes it look like its a very small place (a miniature)

Boone
02-24-2006, 09:10 AM
"Show us a Render"? "Lower the DOF"? :eek:

Are such feats possible in MAX? :D

Seriously, if you guys are happy with the scene file and the given measurements then I will get cracking on the bridge itself... :hmm:

littlebluerobots
02-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Happy with the measurements....The dof was just a test, what we need to do is work out what size 5th scale is and build a cardboard enviroment to check the real dof.... who wants that job then ???? :D

littlebluerobots
02-24-2006, 08:34 PM
We have our third storyboard artist, goes by the name of Othoap.

Hope he says hello soon... he will be working on the opening of the short.
Saw, you know the ropes, so your head of the Boarding department, guys just follow SawInx's lead...

othoap
02-24-2006, 08:58 PM
SawInx,

Pencil sharp and ready for duty.

littlebluerobots
02-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Thas what I like to hear.....

Now where is boone and that bridge...... Dunno why but Ninja Scrolls keeps popping into my head :P

Should be a small young suki update soonish...
Cliff....

Boone
02-26-2006, 05:52 PM

Sorry, real-life got in the way again.

Anyway, down to business. I was wondering when you would mention Ninja Scroll. I'm a little confused as to how this bridge would look - like the small pond-bridge in your jpeg a few pages back or the one at the beginning of Ninja Scroll?

Considering the bridge has a great length, I would believe that the bridge in Ninja Scroll would be more appropriate.

Come on, don't beat around the bush - how do you want it? :curious:

Re: Othoap.

Have a look at the 5 Blades site and find the shot list( in the files section ). For you inperticular, I would like you to attempt to storyboard the opening - unless you have already been given something to do! :thumbsup:

littlebluerobots
02-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Curved, there were larger curved bridges back then, and also for the reason that hanso can fire arrows from the apex of the bridge to get greater height.

othoap
02-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Sure, sounds good. On the yahoo site, how do I become a member of the group? I can't login. Also LBR said to take my lead from sawinx, but her email is unpublished.

Give me some time to spin up on the style, I'm sure I'll have question. "yes question"

littlebluerobots
02-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Keep trying, yahoo is abit dodgy somtimes....
as for saw, send he a pm and discuss what you need to do...

Boone
02-27-2006, 06:23 PM

Good. I have tommorow and Wednesday off and thus the bridge will have my complete and undivided attention. :wise:

Yep - keep trying! :D

othoap
02-28-2006, 12:18 AM
I got in to the yahoo group and reviewed the material.

Here is a test – just warming up. What style are you going for? Real or stylized ?http://www.othoap.com/posts/suki_steed.jpg

FeCyril
02-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Great work.

How is the back alley scene coming up?

Boone
02-28-2006, 05:04 PM

Spot on - you may continue!:applause:

Re: All 3DS Max users.

Guys, I'm having trouble with MAX - look at the attached render and you'll spot my problem straight away... :banghead:

"LINK ERASED BY BOONE"

...just how do I get MAX to place the boards on to the two arc supports? :scream:

littlebluerobots
02-28-2006, 08:32 PM
OK, basically there are 2 ways of doing this.... easiest first....
Ok, you make your 2 boxes for the sides of the bridge, then make your horizontal plank, use an array to clone it and position the clones.
Then select eveything and put a bend modifier on them all, making sure the 2 side boxes have enough segments to bend ok....
or,
select one of your planks from your existing max file, create a path... spline "cv curve" that goes where you want to lay the planks.... go to the motion panel or go to the animation tab on the main tool bar, which is easier, select animation-constraints-path constraint.... then drag to the cv curve and click it... then, go to the motion tab, click on the position tab, and mess about with the settings, so the plank is constrained to the curve and now animates along it.... all you have to do now...(phew) is go to the tools tab (main toolbar) and selsct snapshot.... this should create a plank for every frame of the animation length, thus you should have placed a plank in the right place along the spline....

the alleyway, Im trying to get a setup that works, Ill be able to send you a stand in next week....

Boone
03-01-2006, 01:07 PM

Cheers.:D

littlebluerobots
03-01-2006, 06:53 PM
I got in to the yahoo group and reviewed the material.

Here is a test – just warming up. What style are you going for? Real or stylized ?

Sukis should look like the last version concept that CipherL did, the one that looks like Raiden...

Boone
03-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Version 2 of my bridge, but still only in test stages...

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/Rei/external_resources/BridgeV2.jpg

othoap
03-02-2006, 12:34 AM
Boone, very nice. I like the posts and the little detail cut on the of the railings.

LBR, Could you include a link to the example you speak of. Coming into this late it's hard to track down all the resources. ;-)

thanks

littlebluerobots
03-02-2006, 12:10 PM
here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=284775&page=24&pp=15) ya go....

othoap
03-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Yes “Concept 1” is the image I used for my guide? I'm not understanding what is not correct. Please elaborate on your needs.

I also need an explanation of Suki's back. The following is my attempt. I found securing the swords a challenge with just the fabric of her top.

On the lower back blades, Concept 1 has two different descriptions. One with long blades the other with short knives. Thanks for your help.
http://www.othoap.com/posts/suki-study4.jpg

littlebluerobots
03-03-2006, 11:59 AM
this is the the older suki that fights at the end.... and is the one on the horse... so this is what you should be putting in your boards
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9193/oldersuki7ki.jpg

Bridge is looking nice boone, how about working on the river banks too :).

cliff....

Boone
03-03-2006, 06:20 PM

I said I would do the bridge - which I am going to produce a final version tonight - but the next week or so I've got to do some University work.

But once I get that out of the way I'll be back for more.

Janeway out. :D

SawInx
03-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Hey,

sorry if i kept you waiting, if you haven't started on anything you can just do the first scene and send the to the yahoo group, when you're done. I'm kind of hard to contact to just if i take too long feel free to just to do any scene just let me know about it. Anyone except the main fight scene.

othoap
03-04-2006, 04:41 PM
LBR, thanks, I will follow that guide line.

Sawnix, Will do, thanks

Boone
03-04-2006, 05:42 PM
The final bridge MAX scene has now been uploaded to the yahoo group site, along with three renders in my newly created photo album! :cool:

If anyone wants to tweak'n'texture it then be my guest.

Now, I must get these University assignments done... :wise:

littlebluerobots
03-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Looks great man, and yeah we need some texture artists....

Ok, we were talking about a approval system for concept art, models and scripts. And decided that anything carrying the 5 Blades watermark has basically got the stamp of approval.
So Im posting up images of the bridge that boone done, it has not been approved yet, but once it textured and lit we can stamp it.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7582/19rn.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1048/24bv.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9370/34ai.jpg

great work Boone, and in such a short turnaround, with what 1 week of max use ever????....

Ok who wants to texture this???

Cliff...

Boone
03-06-2006, 09:13 PM

Believe me, it was a week of hell! :banghead:

Though I must admit, I'm very impressed with the Sunlight object...one click and yer away! :eek:

Aids
03-07-2006, 04:53 AM
hey guys i was wondering if you wanted another 3D modeler for this project

littlebluerobots
03-07-2006, 08:35 AM
No, no more modelers, lol.

Of course we can use more modelers, post up an image with you best work on it here, and we can decide if your suited to the project.

littlebluerobots
03-07-2006, 10:12 AM
here is a prelim texture pass with dof...

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8209/68re.jpg

Boone
03-07-2006, 05:42 PM

OMG - thats the same bridge I made? Its amazing what a little texturing can do! :eek:

mudgift
03-07-2006, 08:12 PM
hey guys really nice project and wish to see more soon....
about the design....if you saw 'the last samourai' the ninja 'clothing' from the village attack are, IMHO a great alomst-realistic and cool design ....just my two cents ...
see ya.

mudgift
03-07-2006, 08:14 PM
do you need some choregrafers for your action scenes ...i mad tae kwon do, kung-fu and tai chi AND creating storyboards/comic books...maybe i can help for camera settings / action scenes...

see ya

littlebluerobots
03-07-2006, 11:36 PM
I think FE-Cyril covers that avenue, but have a word with him and see if he can use your help....

Aids
03-08-2006, 08:28 AM
hey guys is this kind of thing up to scratch

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/5670/white4ua.jpg

littlebluerobots
03-08-2006, 04:30 PM
the moddeling is up to scratch..... how do you feel about doing older suki's sword?...

Boone
03-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Re: Aids.

I'm sorry, but I don't think they had fanny-magnets back in feudal Japan... :p

Seriously, welcome aboard. :thumbsup:

Aids
03-08-2006, 07:27 PM
I would love to do the sword.

By the way I really suck at organic modelling so swords buildings and stuff are better for me, or cars but i dont think this project will need those haha

othoap
03-08-2006, 08:27 PM
LBR: Would you approve this rendering of Suki's clothes for scene 1. I needed a complete guide to do the boards.

Were dose scene 1 end in the script?

http://othoap.com/posts/suki_study4.jpg

Aids
03-09-2006, 05:24 AM
ok will i be making a tai chi sword or katana or samurai sword or what?

BOY1DA
03-09-2006, 11:51 AM
othoap: Nice work, very clean. and easy to follow.

Aids: your car model looks real kool what app do you use ?

looking forward to seeing more...:)

littlebluerobots
03-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Othoap, thats brilliant, execpt that the sword needs to be a Tai-Chi sword.... so look back through the posts, you should see some referance material, and the concept that CipherL did to base it on...
Aids, you will be making the sword that Othoap creates referance for....

littlebluerobots
03-09-2006, 01:06 PM
One last thing, everything modeled is going to be 1/5 scale.... I.e. it should look like a miniature.... so things like metal handles wont be exactly as detailed as you would have of full scale....

Aids
03-09-2006, 08:29 PM
BOY1DA: Thanks man i use blender is that ok? i could export the file to OBJ format or probbably even max.

Boone
03-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Re: Aids.

If you save your objects as .3DS it shouldn't be an issue. Scenes will have to be saved in .MAX...if you meet those requirements I don't see a problem. :hmm:

littlebluerobots
03-09-2006, 11:23 PM
actually, obj would be more than fine, because it exports models in quads.... so do that when your working on the sword.... Actually, how about you work on the entire suki image that Othoap has done, Ill give Hanzo over to DeigoFloor once he is done with Hanzo's sword... which... is ... er ... not here yet.... Deigo, front and centre.... :P

Cliff....

littlebluerobots
03-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Othoap, have a word with Sawinx or Boone about the end of scene on or get the shotlist from her or from the yahoo group....

Aids
03-10-2006, 04:21 AM
When you say the entire suki image do you meen the person? because i really suck at humans, il giv it a go but i cant promise anything.

littlebluerobots
03-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Dont worry about the head or the hands, cos I am doing the young suki, so I can port them over, just work on the rest....

Aids
03-10-2006, 08:17 AM
Hey man i just got a fair few sc Assesments and work from my part will probably be fairly slow so im gunna drop out for now, but i might do some stuff in about 1 month sorry guys hope you all understand, best of luck till i return

littlebluerobots
03-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Np. Let us know if/when your available.....

FeCyril
03-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Can anyone convert the alley scene to Maya file?

Boone is buried in work right now and I do not know how to do it.

FE_Cyril

PianoForte
03-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Hey guys, looks like a cool project, is there still room to join, i am a concept artist/matte painter but i am also training in maya, i am up for doing anything really, i can show you some examples of my work if you want (my e-mail is trebor_159@hotmail.com) i would love to get involved so let me know, thanks

Rob

GameFace
03-11-2006, 02:19 AM
just curious a rough estimate when did you want your animating to start on the film?

othoap
03-11-2006, 03:40 AM
here is Scene 1, Shot 1.http://othoap.com/posts/suki_horse4.jpg

othoap
03-11-2006, 12:30 PM
I was going through the yahoo site and found the storyboard document “5 Blades.doc (http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/0MkSRAj41KWKQESaAMJLHv79SA51S2s9tt4yka5zIDDjh67nHAu4H6r0ewPDtTZVEI-9jNOPqYO3JGSCtUP8HOgS6V4-/StoryBoards/5%20Blades.doc)
5 Blades shotlist”. I see in scene 1, shot 1 that it's a rear camera shot of Suki looking to the sky. DOH! Back to the the drawing board.

Question: Is “5 Blades.doc (http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/0MkSRAj41KWKQESaAMJLHv79SA51S2s9tt4yka5zIDDjh67nHAu4H6r0ewPDtTZVEI-9jNOPqYO3JGSCtUP8HOgS6V4-/StoryBoards/5%20Blades.doc) 5 Blades shotlist” what I should be following?

Boone
03-11-2006, 02:52 PM

Yes - SawInx's shotlist is the final word.

littlebluerobots
03-11-2006, 03:13 PM
othoap, the one in the storyboards folder, yeah thats what you should be following, post your images in the folder too....

GameFace maybey in about 2 months, once we have all the boards done, rigs built and redy in max, and place holder objects and scenes compleat, we can start the animatics.... then the animators will get the models to work with.

FE_Cyril: obj should be up there now....

PianoForte: there is roome for a matte painter, post 1 image of your best 2d work here and Ill let you know if we need you.....

Still looking for a modeller to do older suki's tai chi sword and her body.

Cliff...

othoap
03-12-2006, 02:54 AM
Scene 1, Shot 1.http://www.othoap.com/posts/s1-s1.jpg

FeCyril
03-12-2006, 03:14 PM
RE:LBR thx

what height are suki and hanzo in the scene

othoap
03-12-2006, 08:49 PM
I was going to do a study of “Hanzo” as I did for Suki but need more information.
I only found one image of “Hanzo” here at CGTalk and the yahoo site.
Could I use the “last samurai” style as a guide for “Hanzo”?

othoap
03-13-2006, 01:11 AM
Scene 1, Shot 2:http://www.othoap.com/posts/s1-s2.jpg

mudgift
03-13-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm not officially in your project, but i'm following it ( i got great interest in martial arts and cg so imagine your treat ha ha ha ) and i'd say the ninja and samourai could look a litle like those from 'the last samourai (http://lastsamurai.warnerbros.com/home.php)' since the movie use a lot ( if not only ) historical design for their caracters....

---Its good for the 'ninja clan' to follow those things since 80 % of ninja designs are always SOOO unreal ....you could also look at 'yoma curse of the undead' (http://the.animearchive.org/yoma/1/)for some 'poor but in the mentality' ninja things

---for some 'unarmored ' samourai, you could find some 'shogun' (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080274/) images .....

good luck

littlebluerobots
03-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Well, thanks for the advice.
Othoap, CipherL will be knocking up an image for you to create a refrance image from....

littlebluerobots
03-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Othoap, here ya go....http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5504/hanzo2dt.jpg

He's a bit slim in the rear view image, his mid section should be a little stockier, please bear this in mind whilst working.

littlebluerobots
03-13-2006, 05:19 PM
othoap,

if you need more refs for Sukis tai chi sword let us know now cos cypherl will be busy next month but is available now.

Cliff

littlebluerobots
03-13-2006, 06:54 PM
othoap,

The sword is ready for you...

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3087/sukitaichisword4qx.jpg

Cliff

othoap
03-13-2006, 07:20 PM
LBR, Thanks for the image ,NICE!

Is this what Hanzo is wearing in Scene 1? no long sleeves?

On Suki's tai chi sword, yes I can always use more reference.

cipherL
03-13-2006, 07:37 PM
What, you need more referance?...... daym.....
anyway, great art dude, only crit on the older suki, is that the features dont look like the original suki that the younger model was based on... But great stuff none the less.

Look forward to seeing your version of Hanzo and the tai-chi blade....

littlebluerobots
03-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Othoap, In scene 1 Hanzo, is still a samurai, and will be dressed acordingly, in winged jacket or Kimono.

cipherL
03-15-2006, 06:07 PM
Hey, DeigoFLoor.... how you doing on that sword, its been a while.... any updates?...
And Im getting impatient, wann see what we got from you storyboard gurus....
hurry hurry.... :D

DiegoFloor
03-16-2006, 12:39 AM
sup! :D i was having a few problems with the modeling of the sword, so i sended to cliff to take a look and sugest something hehe

littlebluerobots
03-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Ok, deigo, if your still waiting for me to finish the sword here is a suggestion for you, perhaps you can get started on the older suki.... hehe.
Use Othoap's referance to model her from. Use CipherL's referance to do her head from...

Cliff

Boone
03-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Just checking in to say I'm still lurking around but still tied up.

Hows the storyboards coming along? ^_^

SawInx
03-20-2006, 01:01 AM
The storyboards are coming along well, I have to find a way to get them on the group, my scanner burned out on me.

littlebluerobots
03-21-2006, 02:21 PM
cool, we can wait.

Boone
03-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Its been a few days so I thought I would just stir up the bees nest again.

Any developments at all? :shrug:

EDIT: On second thoughts, I have a little time spare to do some more 3DS props - anything else like the bridge that needs doing?

littlebluerobots
03-27-2006, 07:38 PM
yeah, I got some images for the ninjas, masks mainly... Ill post em tomorrow

linkmatrix
03-28-2006, 05:26 AM
Hey guys i've been read your post and trying to follow this project. I love ninja movies and animes. Even authentic japanese artifacts, so when i say this i'm not doubting the validity of the clothing or weapons. For the Tai Chi sword you want it to be long ( don't ridiculously long) and some what thin. Here is some site to get references from.

http://www.superiormartialarts.com/catalog/uniform/taichisword.html
http://www.swordsdirect.com/tai_chi_swords.html
http://www.thesteelsource.com/html/hanweitaichi.htm
http://www.unlimitedswords.com/
http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_store.html?ttl=Tai+Chi+Swords&srch=waDESCRIPTIONdatarq=tai+chi
http://www.martialartsmart.net/Styles_KungFu.html?+src=overture&OVRAW=tai%20chi%20swords&OVKEY=tai%20chi%20sword&OVMTC=standard

I can't wait for this project to be completed. I would love to assit you guys, but my 3d modeling skills are at novice level. I could made help with some of the textures or even the Web Design.

Email me at scorpion6881@msn.com Subject: 5Blade Project. Other wise i might just delete it if i don't know what its about or whom its from.

Goood lucky guys.

Boone
03-28-2006, 04:46 PM

A mask - I wouldn't mind having a bash at that! ^_^

littlebluerobots
03-28-2006, 06:00 PM
http://www.mempo.com/mempoall/DSCN3511.JPG

Boone
03-30-2006, 05:55 PM

Hmmm...now that is interesting. ^_^

What I will do is what I did with the bridge - construct a simplified version and then a more advanced one.

Boone
04-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi.

Sorry its been so long since the last activity, but there has been a shift in project management.

To cut to the chase, I'm taking over the project. Also, 5Blades will no longer be an animated film but an "online graphic novel". Or a "comic" to cut out confusion altogether.

I am not going to restart this project if no one else is interested. I'm going to need 2D artists and people who have experiance in Comic-book layout and general editing skills.

Also, anyone who has already contributed to the project before this change will be acknowledged for their hard work.

So let me know if you're interested and sorry it took so long to get back to you all.

Steve.

FeCyril
04-21-2006, 05:41 PM
To bad.
Kinda leaves me useless:scream:.

Boone:
If you need anything like a advice for fights,camera shots or how to make a hit more spectacular or anything else let me know:thumbsup:.

Will you still use the yahoo group for the project or?

Boone
04-22-2006, 07:19 PM
I shall keep the offer open for a week from today.... :wise:

I would like Othoap(if they are still up for it!) to head up the artwork side of things. The rest of the positions need to be filled, though.

If "Biz" is still hanging around - please check your PMs ASAP! ;)

Cheers for the offer, I shall keep it in mind! :beer:

DiegoFloor
04-22-2006, 08:58 PM
a "online graphic novel" you say? that sounds very cool! too bad it leaves me useless too :D
I wish best luck to this new project and new team. i'll definitely keep an eye here to see how things are going :)

Boone
04-23-2006, 12:08 PM
My God - I'm surrounded by useless people!:scream:

DiegoFloor
04-23-2006, 10:59 PM
LOL! :D hey, it was your idea to change the project.. unless you intend to make the comic with 3d illustration, pratically a whole team will have to be reassigned. or did i missed something?

Boone
04-24-2006, 05:56 PM

Well, I just reevaluated the the whole project and decided that it wouldn't get done as an animation - too much work. But I felt that too much hard work had already been done to simply cancel the project. It would be a shame to say it was all for nought! :wise:

I personally would have it as a Shirow 2D/3D comic myself, but I have to take into account other interests as well...

But if there is not enough interest by Saturday, I shall do a final post as a list of all the guilty parties who have already given time & effort for the work done so far and call a close on the project. :thumbsup:

DiegoFloor
04-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Well, I just reevaluated the the whole project and decided that it wouldn't get done as an animation - too much work.

yeah... that is true, have you thought about making a new thread for it? new people wont check this thread if they already know what it's about. with a new one might be easier to reassamble a new team!

donShole
04-25-2006, 12:54 PM

Well, I just reevaluated the the whole project and decided that it wouldn't get done as an animation - too much work. But I felt that too much hard work had already been done to simply cancel the project. It would be a shame to say it was all for nought! :wise:

Hi there. It is indeed a shame to abandon the animation. I'm not too familiar with your project (I do like some of the concept work I've seen in it). Maybe reducing the scope to maybe one or two specific shots can help you get some animation work actually done. My 0.02. All the best with whatever route you finally choose.

Boone
04-29-2006, 05:48 PM
*NOTICE*

This project is now cancelled. I would like to thank everyone who took part and express my appreciation for their efforts.

LittleBlueRobots
Denntanos
SuperchickenSoup
CipherL
GunSlingerBlack
DiegoFloor
Biz07
DeathStar129
SawInx
Sunil90
LikuidSnake
cg219
FE_Cyril
Geohound4
Othoap
Aids

...I could write a load of John Wayne BS here but I shall spare you the pain & misery. If I missed any names - sorry, 30 pages is alot to look through. But cheers anyway!

Whatever you guys go on to do - best of wishes!:D

Steve.

Boone
04-29-2006, 05:49 PM
NOTE TO MOERATORS.

If you read this thread, please could you close it as the project is now over.

Thank you.

Zeicon
04-30-2006, 03:33 AM
Sad to see yet another collaboration fail. No offense, but seems to me the project initiators often have too little sense of direction when they start their collaborations.

It usually goes like this:

1. Project Initiator gathers a few people
2. People start working on different stuff
3. Project Initiator gets bored and abandons project
4. Random guy takes over as the New Manager
5. New Manager decides to take the project in a new direction
6. Project fails

On the other hand, I have also seen some inspiring work in this section (the collaborative forum), and I like the idea of people getting together and working as teams. If only the "success rate" was a little higher...

Oh well...

deathstar129
04-30-2006, 11:18 AM
Yes I am also dissapointed. I thought there were some good ideas and i was expecting alot out of this. It is a sham there were just not enough ppl to get this project going so i lacked the motivation to do more. Anyways have fun guys.

CGTalk Moderation
04-30-2006, 11:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.