PDA

View Full Version : Sketch Style tags don't affect instances?

Newstream
10-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Hi!

Does anyone know why Sketch Style tags wont work on spline instances?

Check the (PC) scene example here (http://www.badtastic.com/misc/lines.zip)
In this particular scene, I want to control the appearance of all arrow tips by only manipulating the source thereby automatically controlling all the instances in the scene instead of having to change each one manually.

Any ideas? or is it normal that Sketch Style tags wont affect instances?

Cheers Alex

JDP
10-11-2005, 02:16 PM
This is a limitation of C4D. Try putting a spline in an array object and giving it a Sketch style tag and you'll see that nothing is rendered. The only way round it I know is to use 'Stepchild' or in this instance 'Hierarchy2Spline', which are plugins from CoreArsenal's CoreParticleTools and unfortunately no longer available.

Newstream
10-11-2005, 11:51 PM
This is a limitation of C4D. Try putting a spline in an array object and giving it a Sketch style tag and you'll see that nothing is rendered. The only way round it I know is to use 'Stepchild' or in this instance 'Hierarchy2Spline', which are plugins from CoreArsenal's CoreParticleTools and unfortunately no longer available.

Hi JDP,

Thanks for the answer. I just submitted a suggestion to Maxon to implement this functionality in future updates.

Cheers / Alex

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2005, 11:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.