PDA

View Full Version : Make the character dance.

zoc
10-11-2005, 12:38 PM
I people.
I have to make my character dance.
I'm thinking about the solutions.
One it could be to calculate the amount of frame where every downbeat happen.

120 bpm : 60 = 2
25 fps : 2 = 22,5 so every 22,5 frame there's a downbeat.

The other, is to import the music directly in maya.
Do you know other more efficently method? what do you think about?
thanks! bye...

Dichotomy
10-11-2005, 07:27 PM
the problem with just doing it based on the math is that you can't tell if it is working unless you render and then composite it with the music. What you might do is import the music (I think it has to be a wav file... anyone?) and then just turn it off in maya, animate to your math equation, and then turn on the sound for a playblast to see if it works. Then you can just adjust, and it would be much quicker than having to composite every time.

zoc
10-11-2005, 07:51 PM
hi dichotomy :)
why do you said to turn the music off? if i put "play every frame" i couldn't hear something, but if i put a standard fps i listen to music...or it was beacuse i just try with few joint?

Dichotomy
10-11-2005, 08:25 PM
you wouldn't have to turn off the music, it was only a suggestion for speed. You seem to have an equation and know where the down beats would be, so you dont' "have" to have the music to know where to animate. Of course if you want the music on while animating, that is even better. I do believe that you have to set it to real time fps to hear it... anyone know that for sure??
-2 cents-

zoc
10-12-2005, 12:43 AM
yes, i read on help of maya that if you want to hear music you have to put real time and not play every frame (in my case real time is 25 for the PAL D1/DV).

Thanks a lot Dichotomy!

Dichotomy
10-12-2005, 04:44 PM
:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
10-12-2005, 04:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.