PDA

View Full Version : Overlay bitmaps

Wahooney
10-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Is there a maxScript function that allows you to overlay one bitmap on another using the second bitmap's alpha channel?

I need to do this rather frequently so a built in function would be prefered, but if there is a fast way to implement it in script please let me know.

The fastest I can implement this in script is 16ms on a 168x24 image.

Thanks.

Bobo
10-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Is there a maxScript function that allows you to overlay one bitmap on another using the second bitmap's alpha channel?

I need to do this rather frequently so a built in function would be prefered, but if there is a fast way to implement it in script please let me know.

The fastest I can implement this in script is 16ms on a 168x24 image.

Thanks.

Check out Larry's Avguard Extensions. I asked him for some bitmap copy and paste methods when I was working on TreeMatoGraph. I am pretty sure there were some masking options, plus you can copy parts of one image into any location of another without using getPixels...

Wahooney
10-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks Bobo, I'll check it out :thumbsup:

BTW, while I have your attention :p I see that the maxScripting environment is getting a bit of an overhaul, the mxs Debugger being the first half (according to the new maxScript documentation), is the second half going to be part of an extension or is it going to be part of max 9? Are you at liberty to say?

Bobo
10-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Thanks Bobo, I'll check it out :thumbsup:

BTW, while I have your attention :p I see that the maxScripting environment is getting a bit of an overhaul, the mxs Debugger being the first half (according to the new maxScript documentation), is the second half going to be part of an extension or is it going to be part of max 9? Are you at liberty to say?

I cannot answer this because I don't know what will happen in the future. :)
But since adding new dev. tools like a new Visual Studio-like editor complete with break points and all would mean huge core changes, I would guess next major release. But this is based on logic, not on insider knowledge.

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2005, 01:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.