PDA

View Full Version : Parallel Rendering of maya file

Vision_of_Escaflowne
10-11-2005, 10:23 AM
hi
is it possible to read the data in maya binary or ascii files , also if there is , do you where can i find information about how the data is structred and organized in this file

i'm programming a Parallel rendering software of maya file " i want to render the maya files using distributed processing"

i'm programming using c++ and other libraries

i hope to help me in this issue and thanks
" sorry for my bad english"

mhovland
10-11-2005, 01:37 PM
For the ASCII file, just open it in a text editor. as you glance through it, you will realize that the format is simply mel commands to build the scene.

I'm not sure where you might find info on the binary format. Check through the SDK docs.

Hirni_NG
10-16-2005, 01:02 PM
hi
is it possible to read the data in maya binary or ascii files , also if there is , do you where can i find information about how the data is structred and organized in this file

i'm programming a Parallel rendering software of maya file " i want to render the maya files using distributed processing"

i'm programming using c++ and other libraries

i hope to help me in this issue and thanks
" sorry for my bad english"

Why should you want to open a maya file for distributed rendering, you have to setup the scene on the different render stations and then execute the maya batch renderer. There is a bunch of distributed rendering software out there, maybe look at some of them.

If you want to do more than what the batch render flags can provide, there is a maya file loader in the sdk, so you have all the DG/DAG tools provided by the maya SDK.

CGTalk Moderation
10-16-2005, 01:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.