PDA

View Full Version : Eraser acting weird...almost like a clone tool

CIRE
10-11-2005, 08:23 AM
I dont remember what I did or what hot key I hit by accident, but for some reason when I use the regular eraser it acts like a clone tool and shows a cursor(+) along with the triangle(that I do want). Its really annoying and I dont know how to get it back to where there is no (+) when I erase. Please help!!

Jinbrown
10-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Hi,

I'm guessing the following is what happened:

If you accidentally hit the U key, that toggles Clone Color on and off.

If Clone Color is toggled on (enabled), the Brush tool is active, and you hold down the Alt/Option key to temporarily activate the Dropper tool to pick a color, the Dropper tool is not activated. Instead, when you click in the image thinking you're going to pick a color, clicking in the image sets the Clone source point so you can Clone paint in another area of the same image or in another image.

Look in the Brush Controls' Cloning palette and if this is what happened, you'll see the Clone Color box is checked and the Clone Type option is Offset(1) for Point-to-Point cloning.

Change the Clone Type to Normal(0), uncheck the Clone Color box, then go to the Brush Selector menu and choose Restore Default Variant.

That should get your Eraser back to its default state and you won't see the crosshairs cursor anymore.

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2005, 10:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.