PDA

View Full Version : Connection lines between layers in 3d Space

Per-Anders
11-13-2002, 03:01 AM
I want to kno if it's possible for me to do this, i want to connect solid layers that are positioned arbitrarily in 3d space with a line that fits between (again in 3d space) does anyone know how to do this?

Think like a 3d flow diagram. with connectors between the boxes (actually this is exactly what i'm doing).

anyhow any ideas? (the lines don't have to be 3d, they just need to connect the solid layers).

its837
11-18-2002, 11:17 PM
you can do this w/ motion math
its one of the preset scripts

like scal from point to point or somehting

so if you one your scalling is not a 3d layer and you only use the x and y of the two 3d layers it should apear to be stretched between them

or you could do it in 3d space w/ expressions but i can't really help you there my knowledge of those is pretty basic

-monkeys are funny

Per-Anders
11-19-2002, 12:57 AM
thanks, yeah unfortunately it was a limitation and i needed to still be able to edit the motion afterwrads... so in the end i simply made solid layers and stretched them out, then i moved them by hand in 3d space so that their ends touched the right points on each layer... a pain to set up, but because all the motion is camera based once done it makes life pretty easy. thanks for answering anyway :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.