PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray 1.5b error...Can anyone help?

Andre Silva
11-12-2002, 10:41 PM
Hi,
I've been running MR 1.5b since it was released from AW's site with no problems until a few days ago, now everytime i switch to the MR renderer i dont get the drop down render menu which gives the option to choose which renderer to use, all i get is just the tear off strip and an error in the script ed. "Error: Cannot find procedure "MayaWindow|mainRenderMenu". Ive reinstalled Maya and the MR several times with the same results. Dont understand why, nothing has changed in my system. Evrything is up to date.

System config:
P4
512mb ram
win2k up to date on patches
Maya 4.5

If anyone has any ideas? I've sent AW an email but no response
any help or sugestions would be appreciated.
thanks

stunndman
11-13-2002, 11:45 PM
if the render menu in the main menubar is missing open your render view panel - and there select Options -> Render using -> ...

once you have chosen mental ray the render menu should be back - someone posted that setting mental ray as the default renderer in the preferences will solve the problem too

Andre Silva
11-14-2002, 01:52 AM
Stunndman! !

Thanks that did the trick, got the render menu back up on the main tool bar :thumbsup:

I'm such a moron, i should of thought of that, i guess when i get brain lock i really get a severe case of it.

Again thanks a lot.

Dre...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.