PDA

View Full Version : NewTek Releases LightWave 8.5 and LightWave 64

Kurtis
10-10-2005, 05:28 PM
NewTek Releases Fifth Free Feature Update for LightWave 3D® OpenGL 2.0 Hardware Support, Multishift(TM) tool with Editable History, and Full Support for Windows XP Pro x64 Among Improvements in Release 8.5

NewTek is pleased to announce the release of the fifth free update and the 64-bit port for Emmy® award-winning LightWave 3D®. Version 8.5 offers hardware support of OpenGL 2.0, the new Multishift(TM) tool with editable history, Photoshop-style texture blending modes, improved dynamics, and easier integration of third-party file formats. The 64-bit port of LightWave 3D for Windows XP Pro x64 OS, is also being made available as part of the release of the version 8.5 update. LightWave®'s 64-bit version leverages the increased memory available with 64-bit systems plus the power of the new processors and faster RAM access to provide digital artists with a streamlined workflow that allows them greater flexibility and creative freedom. LightWave version 8.5 update is now available free to registered owners of LightWave [8].

For the complete text of the press release visit:
http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/10-10-05a.html

For more information or to purchase, visit:
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/index.php

arvid
10-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Cool, another 64bit 3D-app :)

_-_twiggy_-_
10-10-2005, 06:28 PM
woo :D .... logging onto newtek as i type!!

:D

_-_twiggy_-_
10-10-2005, 06:31 PM
"Some of the functions of the GLSL Hardware Shaders are currently having conflicts with ATI graphics cards. NewTek and ATI are working on this issue, so be sure to keep up with the latest drivers for your graphics card."

Hmm this has put me off now :(, i have an x800xt pe and i`m a little aprehensive about updating ... has anyone tryed the update out who owns an ATI card?

Danny

geothefaust
10-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Sweet sweet nectar of life!

Messing around with the update now. The addition of the multishift tool is great.

geothefaust
10-10-2005, 08:19 PM
"Some of the functions of the GLSL Hardware Shaders are currently having conflicts with ATI graphics cards. NewTek and ATI are working on this issue, so be sure to keep up with the latest drivers for your graphics card."

Hmm this has put me off now :(, i have an x800xt pe and i`m a little aprehensive about updating ... has anyone tryed the update out who owns an ATI card?

Danny

No, sorry Twiggy. I am running an older GeForce 5200FX, only 128MB of. What kind of conflicts is it having in particular? Does anyone know? I was thinking about getting a new ATi video card.

_-_twiggy_-_
10-10-2005, 09:32 PM
just to confirm about my earlier post..

Installed update anyway, couldnt resist .. but ... everything is AWSEOME! :D

so cool to work in realtime like this, cheers newtek

Danny

luciferous
10-11-2005, 12:42 AM
LightWave 64... I am having some Ocarina of time flash backs here... ah how i loved this Nintendo 64... so this is a new game for it huh.. bit late...

Just yanking ya chains... I havent used lightwave in about 3 years... may have to arrange for a copy to appear on my and see what its like these days

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2005, 12:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.