PDA

View Full Version : Skin touch up

hoppe_is_back
10-10-2005, 10:07 AM
how do i touch up skin in photoshop like the pro do for magazine

AcidBurn
10-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Hello Hoppe..

I'ts all in taking time for it.. i do a lot of retouching for advertisement and editorial and it starts by getting good scans.. sometimes in the fall-off of the light on skin you get colourshifts that look rather "burny". When your scans are stable the next step is to get a small clonebrush rather then a big one and you'd want one with a rather sharp edge since too soft edges will smudge when coning and you will lose the photograin of the image rather then the irregular skin. the preasure option of the clonebrush needs to be unsensiteve.. so not preassure effect in the brush and it needs to be 100% solid.. not transparent because else you will still end up with a smudged photograin and yer endresul will look airbrushed. Little irregularities you can also just dodge and burn away.. WATCH THE SATURATION WHILST DOING THAT!!! it might get oversaturated or gray.. Then when almost ready, you can use the healingbrush.. taking photograintexture from an even source and adding it over parts of the work that have been affected in a way you need to repair the original structure of the image.. After th retouching.. the next step is to get irregularities in the skintone to go. for that colourcorrectionlayers are the way of doing it.. first making a correction.. then inverting the mask of the correctionlayer and gently brushing in the correction where needed. After that a shine can be added by making yet another colourcorrection brightening the skin to a highlightvalue.. and inverting the mask again and brushing in where the light would hit the skin, creating a glossier highlight.

try this and let me know how you go..

Wieger Poutsma,

www.fisk-imaging.com

CGTalk Moderation
10-10-2005, 10:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.