PDA

View Full Version : SSX Concept: Snowboarder

DeadBoy
10-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Hey All,

Thought I'd share a new WIP- its an SSX concept modeled in Maya 6, retouched in ZBrush, and textured in PhotoShop. Still have a few things to tweak- skin work, teeth, and a snowboard and goggles. But C&C is welcome! My apologies for the small pic attached- im working on getting the website up so ill post larger ones ASAP.

F3D
10-10-2005, 02:59 PM
being a huge ssx fan, I can say that he doesnt look as wacky as one would expect.
Since you've allready uvmapped him and all, suggestions for headphones and/or big glasses might be a bit late. unless you could spare another uvmap for props (inkl. the board then I guess). and maybe give him something, and imrpove on the characteristics, which he somewhat lacks atm.
maybe he could be a computer geek, and his prop is a laptop which he carries under his arm as he zooms down the mountain?

well, he's missing that extra "umfh" or whatever to give him the ssx brand on his butt (hey, theres an idea!).

DeadBoy
10-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey Flow-

Thanx for the comment:) you're right about the much-needed prop- I haven't modeled them yet, still kinda deciding on what else to give him. I know I'm going to be giving him huge goggles that rest over his forehead, but other than that I'm up for suggestions.:thumbsup: I like the idea of headphones, a little embarassed I didnt think of it- but i hate his ears so they would be a good way of doing a cheap fix for the demo, hehehe.

He's still very low-poly now, so I'm gonna def. model the board and maybe something dynamic that will move with him like suspenders or a dangling bandana from his back pocket.

keep the comments coming...

CGTalk Moderation
10-10-2005, 06:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.