PDA

View Full Version : A render layer for each reflective object?

ZeroCartin
10-10-2005, 06:25 AM
Well, ive been having this doubt: I have a plane and 2 spheres in a scene. Im tryint to make a reflection pass, sooo, i use USE BACKGROUND shader. If i apply that shader to one sphere, and turn off the other objects' visibility, then i get a nice reflection pass of that sphere. However, if i want to make the other sphere be reflective as well, on the same render layer,i have a problem. The reflection pass is great, until one of the spheres reflects the other, in which case, it appears black. Soo, i wanted to know if i could somehow get these to work together on the same render layer, yet keep the original colors to look right instead of the usebg black reflection..

I can post thumbs if u dont get what i mean :P Hope you guys can help me :)

daniel77
10-10-2005, 01:27 PM
You need to turn of the primary rays, anfortunally I dont know how to do that. Anyone?

bgawboy
10-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Maybe you could try a shader that just traces reflection?
Like mib_reflection. It outputs a color, so you might want to make a color switch that you can turn on to use the reflection shader as an input to the Surface shader.

There are also fancier shaders that collect the various passes and put them in separate user framebuffers.

CGTalk Moderation
10-10-2005, 03:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.