PDA

View Full Version : Dim Sum Fun

Igo
10-10-2005, 06:18 AM
Hey,

This is my first "finished" 3D animated piece. I did this during my third term at VFS with two other students (Steve and LJ) and it seems that a lot of people thought it was funny so I decided to post it.

http://student.vfs.com/~3d55david/BG.jpg

To explain it a bit, the assignment was to describe how Dim Sum meant to you (as a group) so we went with "rushed" and "expensive," it had to be done in 30 secinds (minus intro and credits) and you could only use visuals that were provided in two pages of a childrens book, so we had a limited ammount to work with.

For those of you new to the experieince of Dim Sum, it's kind of like Hooters minus all the white people and skimpy dressed waitresses, lots of appetizers.

There's obnoxious audio, it's safe to say you should probably turn your audio down and turn up a smidge if you need it to save your sound systems.

http://student.vfs.com/~3d55david/DimSumFinal.avi

All done in XSI 4.2 and Adobe Premiere for layering/editing.

C&C would be great, might be a bit late to change some stuff but I'd love to know for future projects.

Thanks

Cinimod
10-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Dude this thing is Hilarious! It was funny when it was a wip but the final worked out so well. One of best Term 3 group projects I've seen :)

I think the timing for everything is great; it sets the perfect pace for the animation.
Keep it up the good work guys!

ivanisavich
10-10-2005, 11:42 PM
hehe...that was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen ;)

M_Fonseca
10-20-2005, 06:32 AM
ever since i saw this in the lab i loved it instantly!!!.. it cracks me up soooo bad!!~.. so bad, that im downloading it as we speak!! haha.. can't wait.. ^^

Igo
10-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Dom, hey thanks man, means a lot. As simple as it looks, it was a horrid technical problem and really gave me my first experience to render times, great learning experience for a non-tech guy.

ivan, lol thanks man, Im hoping to make more ridiculous videos, but good ones

matt, Thanks DOOD! I can get yah a HR version if yah want, looks so much cleaner its not even funny, hope I get to work with yah on one in the future!

RyanKnopp
10-23-2005, 02:24 AM
That was bizarre. :) Cool.

teSSa
11-25-2005, 02:02 AM
You guys did this??? LMAO. A buddy at work showed this to me.
It's friggin' hilarious. Did Casey give you this assignment?

Go VFS! :drool:

berilac
11-25-2005, 10:11 AM
bloody class! very well done...gotta love the slightly more eccentric ideas :)
hi res would be sweet.

keep it up!
- Michael

mgard
11-25-2005, 12:06 PM
very nice dude..

keep up the good work..
and you will see what happen to you after graduation..

onece agian...very nice..and funny..

Igo
11-26-2005, 03:39 PM
holy... this got bumped? Thought it died, HURRAH!

Ryan, thanks dood!

Tessa, yah, Casey gave us the assigment and I was "group leader/director" so I went a bit Nazi on my 2 friends and forced them to have fun on it, didnt need much forcing, but it was a great learning exp and Im super happy with the end result.

Berilac, hey thanks man, I'll get a HR up STAT! It looks TONS better anyways, just not sure about my uploader thinggy having enough free space :(

mgard, hey thanks man, hope its something good ;)

CGTalk Moderation
11-26-2005, 03:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.