PDA

View Full Version : A cool Free Lightwave Color Picker Plugin (picky)

minus
11-12-2002, 08:28 PM
Heyas... just a heads up. I've been using this plugin for about 6 months now off and on... and it really can be pretty cool.

It's a color picker plugin that replaces the default Lightwave Color Picker. It's called "Picky"..... and it has some usefull options.

1) It can grab RGB values right off of a bitmap picture... (very cool)
2) It comes with a list of some pretty cool color presets.. (like 20 different greens for example)
3) Can save many many colors... and will save them across multiple projects. (i.e... won't clear when you restart LW).

You can find it here:
http://www.sabermann.uklinux.net/picky.php3
And here is a cool screenshot of it being used to lift RGB values off an HDRI image.
http://www.sabermann.uklinux.net/images/picky_screen_small.jpg
The only negative about it in my mind is that I've really come to enjoy Lightwaves Color Picker for it's gradient options. -- I like picking a color, and just sliding across the gradient on the side to make it darker and lighter. -- Usefull for background gradient sky's for example... or making all objects in a scene "match" like the clothes your wearing... (hopefully)

takkun
11-12-2002, 09:09 PM
I know what you mean, I've come to love the LW color picker for the same reasons yet this plug looks very interesting- that preset color panel sounds cool. I'll have to try it out when I get home.

Joril
11-12-2002, 09:15 PM
Interesting
*saves to disk*
Thanks minus! :beer:

minus
11-12-2002, 11:14 PM
Well for the pluses and minuses, what I often do... (and is easy) is just switch to picky when you need to... then switch back to the Lightwave color picker when you are done. -- You set this up in Layout by hitting the "o(oh)" key and under color picker... you can change from Picky to LW and back again in seconds. This is what I do often actually if I just need to lift the color off a picture... but otherwise want to use the LW color picker.

CG.p
11-13-2002, 02:54 AM
Picky is great! I had it what seems like forever but it really came in handy on the last project. I needed to use specific colors from the station's logo. Picky allows for "project colors" inside the color tree.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.