PDA

View Full Version : joint inclusion problem

gunslingerblack
10-09-2005, 08:44 PM
i have a mesh, where the eyelids are controlled by joints that are in the same space as the joint that controls the eye movement. all the joints are parented correctly, however, when i smooth skinned the model, the lower lid joints on both sides were not included. anyone else have this problem? also having the same problem everyone else is having with weights, i cannot stop the weights from evening out across the whole board, this is very frustrating as the component editor and paint weights tool are no help to me when im trying to zero out the eye joints and the point weights are being distributed to other joints down the board, randomly deforming my mesh and making things overall crappy.

hooray

Dichotomy
10-10-2005, 03:37 PM
you could just try selecting the mesh and then the eyelid joints, then using add Influence, and see if that puts them into the skin.
Im not sure about the weight issue, what version are you using? I know if 5, if you scaled weights, or punched in weights (less than what it had already) the difference would be spread out across the joints, but with 6 it looks like they fixed it to where it only distributes to joints that have weight on them already. not sure if they lost this in newer versions... I dont have them...
-2 cents-

gunslingerblack
10-10-2005, 04:55 PM
yeah in maya 6.5 and maya 7 they destroyed that feature, it doesn't allow you to un weight any of the bones. however i found a workaround where you set the max influences to 2 at the weighting part of the process, then the paint tools are far more useful.

CGTalk Moderation
10-10-2005, 04:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.