PDA

View Full Version : Combustion Masking

xmb
11-12-2002, 05:51 PM
i really miss the way the masking, rotoscoping & text was in paint/ effect. it was much faster than now in combustion. now i cant just make masks or any operators on top of the viewport on the particular layer (workflow like in paint/ effect or photoshop). if you now want to draw a mask, it goes to it's own window and you dont see the whole composite anymore. so how can i draw a mask correctly, if i dont see the composite background?

how can i solve this problem? any ideas?

Douglask
11-12-2002, 06:16 PM
Double Click within your mask and select Modes. Where it says Background--replace with the footage that you are applying the roto to. Now you should see the full plate with your roto mask. note: the bg will not appear in the full composite afterwards.

Hope that helps, cheers :beer:

xmb
11-13-2002, 07:54 AM
thanks.

another question. why is the paint/ composite engine in combustion (2.x) so slow? compared to paint/ effect, after effects, shake, digital fusion... not to talk of cyborg.

i like c2 because of its gui and workflow, but i find it a little shame that the engine isnt that fast for compositing.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.