PDA

View Full Version : using QTVR as a spherical image map

stephen2002
11-12-2002, 05:51 PM
Is there any way that I can use the results of a QTVR as a spherical map. I have rendered out an environment in another program (a 360 QTVR) and would like to use it as a backdrop.

Eugeny
11-12-2002, 08:44 PM
U can use this image with Texture Environment ( Scenes Backdrop -> Texture Environment) . Leave the settings and go to Texture. Here change Planar projection to Spherical on Y ...
U will find that using Polar coordinates filter in Photoshop can improve quality of the poles ...

stephen2002
11-12-2002, 09:14 PM
so Lightwave will open up a .mov file and map it spherically?

Eugeny
11-12-2002, 09:57 PM
no u cant load QTVR .mov file ...
u mast use the source image...
There is two main types of QTVR - object and scene.
Objet - then object rotates along her axis and camera don't change his position.
Scene - then camera rotates 360 along H and (usually) 180 along P.

The object QTVR made from sequences of rotating object .
Scene QTVR - can be simple image - 360 panorama ( there the left sid of image can be connected to right side siamless).

I talked about using these kind of images ... U can make some panoramic background from Bryce or any other stupid program - this image can be loaded to LW - not QTVR mov file. (this is not mean that u can't load regular mov (video) files).
Hope this can help u...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.