PDA

View Full Version : Concept: Sinister Night

PereBalsach
10-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Hi!
I was working on this concept for a while. Now Is finished. Any comments or suggestions are really welcome.

The main idea of this concept is based on gears of war game. Only the main building and the camara postion remainds in the same position.

i hope you like it.

Thanks ! :thumbsup:

Corvax
10-08-2005, 07:39 PM
I really like the silhouetted branches on the left hand side they look dead on. :thumbsup:

The building in the middle, that is your main focus point am I right? Only problem is that its rendered very loosely making it look kinda blurry, I actually found myself squinting trying to see what was back there, you really need to bring it to the next level. so get in there and tidy op those shapes :).

--Happy painting!

PereBalsach
10-08-2005, 07:51 PM
thanks man !
Yes, the main foucs is the building :thumbsup:
i forgot the last step on this image, you are in the right way, it's a bit blury.
and don't forget the jpg compression, it doesn't helps :shrug:

Look at this? I guess is better isn't it?

http://www.working-illusions.com/cocept_night3.jpg

Corvax
10-08-2005, 08:11 PM
hmm that's is better.. yes... but its not there yet.

now looking at the image I think you might need a little more contrast between the sky and the building they kinda blend together.. that might be what makes it look blurry..you see how on the left side of that towering thingy (where you have that strong rim lights) it pops right out from the background but on the right it melts together whit it..

LOL I'm just gonna keep on trowing suggestions at you until something sticks, I am in NO way a master of composition :) .

PereBalsach
10-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Thanks man for your interest :thumbsup:
I think the next step is to do it in 3D, that was my prupose, and to have a consistent concept to do the 3D version of this scene.

Thanks !

PereBalsach
10-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Hi there,
I did some modifications on this scene. It was a prespective problem, and a few things wrong, so now I guess everything looks more strong.

C&C are welcome as always :thumbsup:

http://www.working-illusions.com/cocept_night11.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
10-13-2005, 09:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.