PDA

View Full Version : Screen Graphics??

Infinity3d4life
11-12-2002, 05:11 PM
I was wondering if any of you knew how they make the neat little interfaces that are shown on movies.. Things like radar screens, and computer screens with all the fancy stuff on it... If any of you have seen Aliens the movie then i'm referring to the radar screens that showed the aliens approaching.. They are used alot on Sci-Fi films... If i find a picture then i will post it to give a better idea..

Steve Warner
11-12-2002, 05:17 PM
They hire people like Noel.

http://www.teknoel.com

If you want to do them yourself, you'll need a compositing program like After Effects and some plugins like Profound Effects Useful Things.

Steve

Delucubus
11-12-2002, 06:27 PM
I'm sure something like this could be done in Aura or Photoshop then composited or used as an animated texture. Not sure how detailed you're thinking about going, but that might be another way.

aurora
11-12-2002, 08:01 PM
Steve thanks for that link. That is one cool site with lots of inspirational ideas for simular types of work.

I have done some by my 3D geometry and rendering it then all of the rest of the work I do in Photoshop. Once you have a draft of what you want it is actually fast and VERY fun to do these thing.

Infinity3d4life
11-12-2002, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the link.. I had to reformat last night (uggh) and i lost this very link.. That is exactly what i was talking about.. thanks again..:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.