PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Tut : head male modelisation

rolhionjs
02-25-2002, 04:01 PM
For those interested in Lightwave tuts in french here's my first tutorial on creating a male head with subdivision method and using tools Drag, Dragnet, etc...

Sorry for the french, I'll translate if it's interesting people here.

Be indulgent, it's only 3 months i'm working on Lightwave7 :)

here it is :

http://www.designpicture.com/tutorial/index.html

twitchy
07-23-2003, 08:11 AM
could you translate it and make it into a video tutorial. it would realy help me in making heads in lightwave.

wedge
07-23-2003, 08:37 AM
can't say i've ever seen sphere modeling. interesting, yet it seems unneccesarily complex.

twitchy
07-23-2003, 08:57 AM
to me it seems more easiar then all the other tutorials ive seen for lightwave. and if u know of a easir tutorial please give me the link cuase it would help me greatly.

Signal2Noise
07-23-2003, 02:39 PM
*cough*...*ahem*...

For really good responses and conversation this should have been posted in the appropriate forum. In this case: Lightwave I would surmise.

No worries, I'm sure a Mod will move it soon.

:thumbsup:

relativity
07-23-2003, 05:55 PM
cool strike, i'd be interested in an English translation of your tut :)

milqman
07-23-2003, 05:56 PM
English translation would be sweeet :)

timsvw
07-23-2003, 07:40 PM
It looks like a very intresting style to me to. I would like to see an English version of it.

Tim

DADDYGOODY
07-23-2003, 09:10 PM
Iff you cant read it just go to www.download.com and do a search for web translator and download a free one and it will translat it for you.

milqman
07-23-2003, 09:35 PM
or one could simply go to babelfish.altavista.com.

However, the reason not to do that is translation can be really sketchy... for a tutorial, where specific detail is sometimes needed, translation may not give what is needed.

twitchy
07-23-2003, 09:56 PM
also some of the picture examples have writing and i dont know what there saying!

Kvaalen
07-23-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by twitchy
also some of the picture examples have writing and i dont know what there saying!

The pictures usually just say what was written in the text.

I asked Strike if I could translate it and he said... Well I don't know if he wants to keep it a secret so I'll let him say if he wants to. :thumbsup:

LFGabel
07-23-2003, 11:56 PM
But for me, it results in a base mesh that's too high poly.

I prefer the sub-d spinshift method (I believe there's a video tutorial on Newtek's site).

I get a nice, reasonably low res mesh which I can sculpt endos faster, then freeze, tweak, and go back into sub-d.

Nemoid
07-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Its an interesting technique!
i know some french so i could understand
what was written.
however, the result is a very high poly mesh.
in some areas, like the back of the head there are
many polys i wouldn't use.IMO
i dunno if Strike optimize his great models
after getting the base mesh with this technique.

but I like very much Strike's final images!!!

freerider
07-24-2003, 01:11 PM
Yes, please do an english translation ! It seems like a great tutorial from what I can understand. Thank you :)

Kvaalen
07-24-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by freerider
Yes, please do an english translation ! It seems like a great tutorial from what I can understand. Thank you :)

Umm... you should read the post I posted above. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.