PDA

View Full Version : Lighting experiment...

itchyfella
12-21-2001, 02:06 PM
Hi.. I've been doing some experiments with lighting recently to try to improve my animation and images. Lighting is a very sensitive and tricky element of 3D, and I'm not sure I'll ever perfect it.
Here's one image I did..
http://www.westnet.com.au/itchyfella/stuff/lightroom.jpg
Any thoughts?

Rabid pitbull
12-21-2001, 07:05 PM
nice overall look. It seems a little dusty though.

David Lightbown
12-21-2001, 07:10 PM
nice stuff ! I like the bright areas of color the slabs of light create on the opposite wall.

Two small things:

- The texture on the beams above is tiling a lot, I think you should use a larger texture with more variation.

- Should there be a bloom effect on the ledges of the windowsils ? That could be done in post real easy.

Thats it ! Good job. Is that the default LW renderer ? Did you use volumetric light (which would account for the "dusty" feel) ?

David

itchyfella
12-22-2001, 02:48 AM
Pure Lightwave.
And yes I used volumetrics on the distant light to the left.
I only noticed the texture on the wood after I rendered it.. I was just experimenting with the light, and opened up an old object. I only really changed the floor and glass surfaces.
It doesn't look very believable because the architecture doesn't have any function... maybe I'll make a rug and a door and a couch and some plants and .... :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.