PDA

View Full Version : endomorph plugin

vegkatgrrl
11-12-2002, 02:37 PM
is there a plugin that lets you mirror endomorphs?
its sooo frustrating to have to do seperate morphs for each side of the face but then you have no way of knowing if they are the same or not.
ahhhh! help!!! ...:the new kid:...

fourd
11-12-2002, 03:32 PM
Well, if you are after Symmetry, then I would, cut the base morph in half and re-mirror it merging points. Then when creating the facial morphs that require same vertice placemtent I would turn on the Symmetry plugin while moving on vertice and that will effect the mirrored vertice as well. Be sure to turn off symmetry when creating morphes where one side should be not symetrical to the other side...Like a raised eyebrow...Or a wink.

yon dabuda
11-12-2002, 03:36 PM
go to flay.com, there are two if you search in the plugin database for "mirror morph" i use one of those myself

vegkatgrrl
11-12-2002, 05:08 PM
actually, i'm having to do each side of the face seperately because i'm taking these morphs into filmbox. for example, eyebrow.L_raised, eyebrow.R_raised, eye.L_squint, eye.L_closed, etc. i'm worried about my squinting eyes actually. they don't really look the same. i'm about to do some smirks for the mouth so thats why i figured i would see if there was a better way.
i downloaded a plug-in or L-script from flay. it came in as mmorph.sit.1. i thought it was a stuffit file but it says it doesn't need to be uncompressed. how do i take it into LW if the extension has to be .p or .ls?

yon dabuda
11-12-2002, 05:48 PM
no idea what you downloaded. :shrug:
but you can get MMorph from here.
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dslib/plg70.html

whattawa
11-12-2002, 06:17 PM
the plugin I use is KO_MirrorMorph. It is great for mirroring morphs. You have to have a symmetrical base, but that's not so hard. You should be able to find it on Flay. I use it all the time.

By the way, anybody every get MMorph to work? I have tried it over and over again and I can't get it to work. That's why I use MirrorMorph instead.

vegkatgrrl
11-12-2002, 06:42 PM
i'm going to keep looking for the plug-ins. thanks guys! :)

i did, however just now figure out one way to do it easier...
create a new morph. [mouth.smile]
use symmetry and move the polygons into place.
copy the map twice. [mouth.L_smirk, mouth.R_smirk]
go to left side, select polygons on right, and click clear map.
the selected polygons will go back to their base position.
repeat for the right side.
now you have 3 maps, one complete & one for each side.
easy enough. works for me!

fourd
11-12-2002, 06:45 PM
Thanks for letting us know your work around. But it seems pretty simple to do the way you are doing it..Who needs a plug-in for that..he..he..

Thanks for the tip.:beer:

yon dabuda
11-12-2002, 06:48 PM
i use MMorph all the time, never had a problem.

theres no KO_MirrorMorph, but i think thats the same as MirrorMorph. you can download that from here http://www.studiohiro.com/

both plugins look similar but i think mirrormorph will create a new mirrored endomorph, while MMorph will just mirror the endomorph.
they both have their uses :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.