PDA

View Full Version : What are these "Tickets" I read about?

mdunakin
10-07-2005, 10:19 PM
I keep reading about people submitting a "Ticket" to e-on,
but what the heck is that and where do you find one?
I still can't get my bundle Vue to let me register it as mine!
I posted to some forum thing they have there, but I have
no clue if anyone really reads that or will help me or not?
See, I went and got my bundle Vue serial number while I still had my account with my
original Vue that I bought seperately as a stand alone and not part of a bundle or anything.
But, as far as i can remember, I didn't actually finish any registering, as I had just got the
serial number for it and installed the software and it runs fine.
Too bad I now can't register it to ME!
And since I already have deleted the old account so that the new owner of the original software will be able to transfer the licence over to him, and register it in his name,
now I can't even log into that old account!
So, how do I get the current version that I already have a serial number for,
NOT the PRE-Serial number, but the FULL Serial number for, to be mine at e-on?
I already set up a new account and it tells me that I have NO software registered in my name.
I then TRY to register this version, but can't!, as it keeps telling me it's already registered!
Which I know. It's registered to me, only it (their web site at e-on) doesn't seem to understand that!

I just got off the fone and the guy said all I could do was to fill out that
form for some tech support newsgroup thingy, whatever it was, which I did.
Even he said this is all a mess over at e-on.
And that it was like a maze trying to navigate the site.

Anyway, it would be nice if they just had a page setup for all this sort of stuff,
so people won't have to keep searching for answers.

Thanx!.....................md :)

videodv
10-07-2005, 11:43 PM
I keep reading about people submitting a "Ticket" to e-on,
but what the heck is that and where do you find one?

When you send report of a problem throught to tec support you get a "ticket" number to follow up on.

mdunakin
10-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Ahh...OK.

I did get one of those later on, an email saying that it was posted.
Now lets see if anything happens and if they actually solve my problems.
I'm holding my breath at this point, considering how it's went all this week
with this total nonsense I've been put through, just trying to transfer
the old licience over and register the new one.
Put it this way, it's been one big bad joke!
Like they're trying to see how many ways they can torture someone or something?

.........................md :)

videodv
10-08-2005, 01:01 AM
I sure hope you get it sorted real quick, I think you have been through enough lately and its time for e-on to get you sorted so you can get back to what you are good at.

cheers.

mdunakin
10-08-2005, 01:25 AM
Thanx, and so do I.
At least I can run the program though, so I can for the time being, at least
get back to playin Vue and having more fun adventures in learning and inventing :)

Tonight, I get to get back to working on my project that got deleted, the one that's going
to have a train track and tressell in it and maybe even my steam engine or passenger car.
And of course, a wash and all that :)

Just gonna take my time and make the grey scale maps very slowly and maticulously.
What's so funny about figuring out the wash carve out deal is, that I probably will
barely even be using it in the scene, but it needs part of the scene to have it,
so I did need to figure something out.

Should be fun :)

.....................................md :)

videodv
10-08-2005, 01:59 AM
I am still trying to find the best solution to the wash problem, I to among other things am just starting a new project, so all this work on grey scale maps terrains ect will help a lot in what I have coming up.

A part of the project I am just starting is, I need to do a fly over of the uk thats why I am working so hard at the moment on terrains ect.

I must say your project sounds a lot more interesting than mine but I'm sure we will both find it most rewarding when they are completed.

Just think of all those happy rendering hours to come....:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
10-08-2005, 01:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.