PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Micro UZI

-Baron-
10-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Hello everybody. This is a Micro UZI I'm currently working on for the GoldenEye: Source (http://www.goldeneyesource.com/) project, which is a Half-Life 2 Modification. This weapon is also known as the ZMG among goldeneye fans ;).

I'm in the process of laying out all the UVW maps, so i decided I'd post some screens of the mesh,and get some comments from you guys.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/4301/zmg0bh.jpg

The model currently sits at 2,860tris. The clip area wasn't really a major concern, which explains why its entirely incorrect.

Thanks,
Sean "BaroN" Stock
Lead 3D Artist
GoldenEye: Source

jellywerker
10-08-2005, 05:51 AM
Excellent gun, but isn't that a bit high poly for just a weapon?

-Baron-
10-08-2005, 08:21 AM
Not for half-life 2. None of the faces that are unseen have been removed either, so if there were any issues with it being too high poly, that will cut it down alot. Again its not very high for half-life 2 weapons, in fact a few of the weapons in half-life 2 are a bit higher then that.\

By the way, we are looking for a few qualified character modelers, if interested private message me.

Thanks,
Sean "BaroN" Stock
Lead 3D Artist

HellBoy
10-08-2005, 12:16 PM
that is very good model mate, alright poly count, now impress us more with texture technique maan :)

luciferous
10-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Golden eye in th source engine.. SWEET! once more i shall be able to relive the days of 48 hour golden eye fests.... eeeeeee!

Tronno
10-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Nice choice for a model! If you don't mind, I'll pick out a few inaccuracies - the MP5-style suppressor lugs on the barrel shouldn't be there. Typically, quick-detach Uzi suppressors are installed by removing the barrel nut (the thick part closest to the receiver) and screwing on the suppressor as a replacement barrel nut. Also, the magazine release is only present on the left side of the gun, and it's a little more detailed than what you have there. Finally, the two pistol grip panels curve smoothly around the back side and connect in the middle. They're supposed to "hug" the magazine well.

Besides that, looking good. Post the textures when you finish! :thumbsup:

-Baron-
10-09-2005, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the crits Tronno, and comments on the model guys. I'll fix those things right up and probably post some more renders.

I wont be doing the texture job on these bad boys, but with the artist's we have on the team, i know they will look great.

Thanks,
Sean "BaroN" Stock
Lead 3D Artist

CGTalk Moderation
10-09-2005, 12:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.