PDA

View Full Version : Character: Tyler TuGunn-Planet Redeemer

JohnD
11-12-2002, 01:53 PM
Hey everyone,
Here is a main character from my flic I'm working on. I haven't had much luck with responses on the Newtek forum or CGTalk's Finished Work section so I'll try one more time here. I think most 3d artists seem to not like cel-shaded images. Oh well. Here is the link:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28343

Kaiser_Sose
11-12-2002, 06:10 PM
Really nice

The ears kinda stick out and are out of place but if you like it like that:thumbsup:

CTRL+X
11-12-2002, 06:14 PM
Oh no, I love CEL, I think it may become the next big fad for animation in the sense I think makers of 3d animation will begin to push cel look just to see how far they can take different "styles" of hand painted cels done via 3d.

Great work John... Looks great,, my only thought is the eyebrows and facial hair maybe too much. maybe scale them back or lightin them up. or give the character a balance to those features such as sunglasses or earrings or some sort of hat that defines the look of the guy.

JohnD
11-13-2002, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the comments. I definitely agree with you CtrlX, on the facial hair. I think it's too much brown in the face area. Think I'll get rid of it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.