PDA

View Full Version : Double transformations

Ollarin
10-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Hey guys!

I've got a question about double transformations with clusters or other deformers.

Lets say i had a spline IK spine, and i created a cluster for those CV's, when i parent the clusters to the controller. (So if i move the COG, the whole body follows, including the spine.)
When i parent it, it double transforms when you move the controller, the cluster just goes crazy. Ok, It says to turn on Relative on clusters for some tutorials, which doesn't exactly work, since the cluster won't follow it's parent anymore, after you turn on relative, if you turn it off, the cluster double transforms...

So, what am i missing here?

Thanks!

Dichotomy
10-10-2005, 03:47 PM
the best way to avoid that is to PointConstrain the Cluster to its controller (ie. backControl), then parent the cluster to whatever the backControl is parented to, ie. hipControl etc. The relative feature will cancel any movement that a "parent" does, but it wont account for constraints, so it will work with its controller. Clear as mud??
-2 cents-

zoc
10-10-2005, 11:08 PM
I solve this problem (not alone but with you guyz!) leaving the curve out of the hierarchy and putting the cluster into it.
bye!

Ollarin
10-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Cool! Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Craiger
10-14-2005, 03:52 AM
I know you've solved it, and its like i'm beating a dead horse,,, but here goes. Why not just leave the clusters out of the hirerarchy, let them sit at the origin. Just hook up some controllers that link their tx,ty,tz, through the connection editor to the clusters. Put the controllers under a group and Parent Constrain that group to your rig. This way your controllers will follow and the clusters will stay at the origin (making your rig less prone to breaking)

werd up.

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2005, 03:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.