PDA

View Full Version : pdf to photoshop

jondoe0ne
10-07-2005, 12:07 PM
hi guys,
i am doing a flythrough render in a 3d program and i want to texture the streets with the white markings that are speciffic to them... so i am printing the markings from my architecture program to pdf, so i could use them as a alfa texture... the only problem that i have is that the pdf file looks allright, and after i import it in PS it is all pixelated and unsusuable. i have tryed different methods and come to no better result...
also i have made sure that the PS uses the same settings to rasterize the pdf, as the ones the pdf has.

help...

Ahmattu
10-09-2005, 07:45 AM
PS ALWAYS rasterizes the pdf, no matter what..

is ur question "how can u open pdf in PS without rasterizing??!!", or what??

thx

jondoe0ne
10-10-2005, 02:51 PM
no.... actually my question is:

how can i open a pdf without getting a pixelated result...

as i wrote above: "so i am printing the markings from my architecture program to pdf, so i could use them as a alfa texture... the only problem that i have is that the pdf file looks allright, and after i import it in PS it is all pixelated and unsusuable. i have tryed different methods and come to no better result..."

the damn file looks allright in pdf viewer, but when i import it in PS it looks like shit, and i am keeping the settings unchanged.

dunno if i made myself clear, but thanx a lot for your help and i hope we're going to make it through this...

halo
10-10-2005, 07:32 PM
rasterise it at a higher resolution...PS will always rasterise non native PDF's.

Ahmattu
10-11-2005, 08:15 AM
there u go halo,

meaning that u have to enter high resolution in the rasterize dialog box.

if ur problem isn't solved yet, tell me how you want to use the image (print size, or onscreen res.), and I'll tell u exactly what numbers u enter in the rasterize dialog box.

DizainLand
10-11-2005, 09:34 AM
open your PDF in Adobe Illustrator and copy the contents and paste it in photoshop.

jondoe0ne
10-12-2005, 02:34 PM
open your PDF in Adobe Illustrator and copy the contents and paste it in photoshop.

thanx a lot man! ure a saviour!

reven
10-12-2005, 06:47 PM
if you don't have illustrator...it also works to open the page at a higher resolution(300)

DizainLand
10-12-2005, 07:19 PM
you are welcome jondoe0ne :)
reven, if you do not have Adobe Illustrator, use Flash.
the good thing when you use these two programs and paste in photoshop, you can convert the pasted paths into custom shapes so you can use it again and again.
the way you provided is good also :)

peace

CGTalk Moderation
10-12-2005, 07:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.