PDA

View Full Version : Adding CG face to the footage

Jones_Stork
11-12-2002, 09:56 AM
As this is is my first post at this noble gathering I want to say "Hello!" to everybody.

I`ve started to make preparations to create FX for feature movie "The road without return" ( www.kosciej.bayerberg.com - polish version only).
There would be plenty of visual effects there, and one of most difficult would be replacement of actors faces with CG masks.
What I want to ask is how to match face movement from footage, what software would be the best for it, etc.
Any tip on that matter would be helpfull. Further modeling and animation is a piece of cake ;)

Thx a lot for your help.

madhatfx
11-12-2002, 11:30 AM
okay here goes, first have trackin ponits on ur actors faces so that will cover any trackin that has to be carried out later, next there aint nothing better out there than REALVIZ's matchmover or Boujou for 3d trackin, plus they support most of the 3d appz on th emarket.
thats just to get u started...

Jones_Stork
11-12-2002, 11:46 AM
As I receive demo of Bojou I read in documentation of it that it is not created for face matching. I`ve made some tests and I found it very difficult for Bojou to match face movement. Is MatchMover is better? I would be grateful for some deeper info on subject. Thx for reply anyway :beer:

sasquatch
11-14-2002, 02:00 PM
You might want to take a look at FaceStation from these (http://www.eyematic.com/) lovely people.

It tracks head rotation, expressions and speech; I've been getting some very good results wioth it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.