PDA

View Full Version : How do I Clone a Hierarchy?

SunDog101
10-07-2005, 05:16 AM
I was going through some tutorials that came with Messiah demo and it says press / button to clone the hierarchy but this did not work at all and I could not even find the clone function or the ability to assign to / in the Hot Key Manager. SHould this mehtod work or is there another way to clone?

fwtep
10-07-2005, 05:21 AM
It works fine here. Are you sure you're pressing the / on the numeric pad? Also, it clones it from the current item on down (it doesn't look at the parent of the current item), so maybe you didn't have the top item selected.

Fred

SunDog101
10-07-2005, 05:33 AM
I didnt realise I had to use / on the numeric pad I was trying to use it on the main keyboard. It;s working for me know. Thanks.

JoeCosman
10-07-2005, 04:34 PM
these features are also conveniently located in the mouse menu, as well.

middle mouse to select the root, and right mouse to open up the options for copying/cloning, etc..

it's one of the nicest interface assumptions in any program: if you can t find it, right mouse click on stuff :-)

-JoeC

CGTalk Moderation
10-07-2005, 04:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.