PDA

View Full Version : model ceiling arches

Deadhead
10-06-2005, 10:45 PM
I have to model this room for a school project: http://www.wm.baden-wuerttemberg.de/sixcms/media.php/1102/thumbnails/steinbeis2_web.jpg.321681.jpg

Which technique would you recommend for modelling the ceiling arches in 3dsmax? The picture isn't the best reference but I think you know what I mean. Most old churches have this special kind of ceiling, too. I have no idea how to start.

thx in advance

agaz
10-10-2005, 05:09 PM
i would use box modelling for the floors and extruding faces to make the pillars, then connected one pilars, to model the ceiling arches just select the vertexes and use scale in Y axis to make it curvy (there's 3 types of scale tool, select the last one *the 3rd*), but it still needed some vertex adjustment
sorry bad english =/

blindsleeper
10-16-2005, 02:45 AM
what i would suggest you do is make a semicircular spline, that way you have the shape of the arch and extrude it, bingo, quick arch. also, you can use the bridge tool in max 7+ otherwise extrude will work fine

CGTalk Moderation
10-16-2005, 02:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.