PDA

View Full Version : WW2 Soldier head, requesting critique

polygoo.com
10-06-2005, 06:45 PM
I modeled and textued this head in 3ds max, I am looking for a critique on it, the overall design was intended to be a middle age ww2 foot soldier, with a "clint eastwood" style look to him.

Thanks!

http://www.polygoo.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/198.jpg

blz
10-06-2005, 06:46 PM
well, it looks very good to me
nice texturing

onelung
10-06-2005, 07:33 PM
looks good, few crits. I think one thing you could do to really help bring across the age is add more wrinkles and lines to the mouth, since he already has "crows feet" around his eyes, one would assume he would have em on his mouth too. Mayebe having some grey in his scruf, Big nice scar would be nice since you have the entire face unwraped. And i think you need to give a little more definition to the outside of the nostril should be bigger, and if he's mad, nostrils "flare up".
-schu

polygoo.com
10-06-2005, 08:14 PM
thanks a lot for the tips, I agree about the wrinkles, I think i'm gonna adjust that. I wish thinking maybe a scar or cut on his cheek bone as well.

Your definetely right about the nostrils, I need definition between the nostral and the face.. right now its almost like he has no nostrals, I gotta fix that.

Thanks again.

P.S. I have the model available for free up on my site:

http://www.polygoo.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/9/p13_fileid/26

Extase
10-06-2005, 11:36 PM
i would attach the net to the helm and paint the net on the helm texture. i don't know why the net should be a sperate part

polygoo.com
10-06-2005, 11:58 PM
well I wanted the net to have a little bit of depth, almost like its sticking off of the helmet. Maybe I should just paint it onto the helmet.. i'll have to try that

~SammaeL~
10-07-2005, 12:20 AM
looking good , i like the expresion of the face, and the texture is very good.

Good Work.

CGTalk Moderation
10-07-2005, 12:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.