PDA

View Full Version : Female Character -lowpoly-

Mio
10-06-2005, 03:30 PM
:) first time post here...
hope u guys like this.... thanx *^___^*

SammyB
10-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Looks damn cute man, any chance of wireframe/texture flats?

How many tri's? What res texture?

Good first post, wasn't expecting much from the thread title.

DanVL
10-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Well first of all, welcome to the forums friend!

Your model is really excellent. I really love the texture work and the general looks of it. Can't find any major flaws except maybe for the boots, which look a little dull/flat.

Since it's your first time posting your work just a little tip: You should give information on Poly count / Texture size, your general objectives when making it, and showing the mesh makes it much more interesting for others -- unless your model is ultra confidential ( yet if it really was... then it wouldn't be a good idea to post it here lol ;) )

Looking forward seeing more of your work!

Mio
10-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Looks damn cute man, any chance of wireframe/texture flats?

How many tri's? What res texture?

Good first post, wasn't expecting much from the thread title.

thanx for reply *^^*

this model is 3400 faces(tri's) ..but i am using near 1.3k faces on the head( for facial animation) the texture is three 256x256 map and three 128x128 and one 64x64...

the rig is character studio , bodypaint is used for the texture painting..

here is another pose.... ^^b she is thinking...

and the wireframe...

Boxsmiley
10-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Don't know if the lighting has something to do with it but i love the color schemes you chose for her. Great work!

Mio
10-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Well first of all, welcome to the forums friend!

Your model is really excellent. I really love the texture work and the general looks of it. Can't find any major flaws except maybe for the boots, which look a little dull/flat.

Since it's your first time posting your work just a little tip: You should give information on Poly count / Texture size, your general objectives when making it, and showing the mesh makes it much more interesting for others -- unless your model is ultra confidential ( yet if it really was... then it wouldn't be a good idea to post it here lol ;) )

Looking forward seeing more of your work!

thanx DanVL, happy to see people here friendly , i will do like what u say when i post the next thread...

and...

about my poor english..sorry >_<

SHEPEIRO
10-06-2005, 04:03 PM
really nice first post. really nice texture work, but why so many small sheets, why not put them together in one sheet. that way its better for loading into games etc.

luciferous
10-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Dont worry about your poor english, it is perfectly understandable, just keep up the excellent modelling - thats all we can ask

Tahl'eN
10-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Actually Shepiro, for console games many small sheets work much better. It's easier to stream smaller parts in and out of memory, and most consoles only support small textures. The PS2 can only handle textures as large as 256 and the Xbox 512. Dead or Alive3 characters use upwards of 25 textures, most smaller than 128. Plus, he's still used less space than a single 1k texture.

Mio: She has a beautiful style. I would very much like to see how you painted the textures, and what she looks like without the blue light that seems to be in the scene.

Mio
10-06-2005, 04:19 PM
really nice first post. really nice texture work, but why so many small sheets, why not put them together in one sheet. that way its better for loading into games etc.

yes, texture in one sheet will have more efficiency..that's right..

but some mmorpg game 's character(like lineage 2) is buildup by many parts , and one parts is one equipment... eg : if this character want change she 's boots.... and the boots is a stand alone polymesh with one texture....

so ..i do this character in this method .

but i think maybe i will combine those small sheets into one map ^_^

--- many solecism in my post... sorry >_<

Mio
10-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Actually Shepiro, for console games many small sheets work much better. It's easier to stream smaller parts in and out of memory, and most consoles only support small textures. The PS2 can only handle textures as large as 256 and the Xbox 512. Dead or Alive3 characters use upwards of 25 textures, most smaller than 128. Plus, he's still used less space than a single 1k texture.

Mio: She has a beautiful style. I would very much like to see how you painted the textures, and what she looks like without the blue light that seems to be in the scene.

agree with that :)...

and i will post more wip images later..bcuz i have to sleep...(10:54 in usa but 0:22 in china...)

so goodnight everyone....

SHEPEIRO
10-06-2005, 04:27 PM
ok but looking at your model it doesnt look like you have modelled the underlying flesh, so if you wanted her to wear a bra or shoes, the re wouldnt be any mesh underneath?

correct me if im wrong.

in that situation, wouldnt you make a charatcer with as little on as pos. with say a 1024sq skin map, then add the clothes on top.

i think you would be better off, pulling all the maps into one image in Photoshop, then join all the seperate parts of the mesh and crrect the UVWs, it wouldnt take long.

but it aint important and its a loverly model anyway

SHEPEIRO
10-06-2005, 04:28 PM
sorry just read new posts,

im used to working with Doom 3 engine which has to have a single texture sheet per character.

Serul
10-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Nice work! I really like the texture work... though it could maybe benefit from a little bit more contrast to reduce the flatness a little. But that would be the only suggestion I would make.

Quite curious to see a wireframe picture... it looks well modelled.

Anyway's I'm looking forward to your next work. :)

blz
10-06-2005, 05:48 PM
very good modelling i think
nice textures
could use some more color tho
well done

mindrot
10-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Lovely work here. Like the softness. Give's me a warm fuzzy feeling :D

Nicely done....

:thumbsup:

Headless
10-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Another quick point: Alot of newer games are using lots of smaller sheets rather than one big sheet so that you can apply shaders to whole textures. So rather than using up texture memory with a map which says which parts are skin shaded and which aren't, you just have all your skin on a seperate texture image and apply the skin shader to that whole image.

Oh and I really like the character. Looks great. :)

Buga
10-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Nice work :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
10-06-2005, 08:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.