PDA

View Full Version : Deactivating automatic alpha apply

worldofmaya
10-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Hi all!
I'm working here with 16 bit TIFFs... some of them have an black alpha channel. Everytime I load them into PS, everything is deleted/fully transparent. Anyone knows if there's a possibility to load a image as it is without applying alpha?
-klaus

scrimski
10-06-2005, 04:14 PM
I don't get it. What's your problem?
When I load images with a full black alpha channel, the content of the RBG(or CMYK) is OK.
Open your image in a viewer (IrfanView or else) copy it, go to PS, hit CRTL+N and paste the clipboard in yor new document.

worldofmaya
10-07-2005, 09:45 AM
I don't get it. What's your problem?
When opening the image Phoshop automatically deletes everything that isn't visible and I get an empty layer. And even if the layer isn't empty... I don't want Photoshop to do this. When rendering files for compositing I use all 4 channels, using Photoshop isn't possible with this kind of working...
Opening the file with Irfanview and copy/pasting it makes it 8bit. The solution right now is to render no alphas into the same files. But this isn't very economic... using all 4 channels would be great.
-klaus

halo
10-07-2005, 11:57 AM
which version of PS?

worldofmaya
10-10-2005, 07:47 AM
which version of PS?
We're using CS here, but one of the graphic guys said that CS2 has the same behavior. I by now solved it with using Cinepaint instead.
-Klaus

CGTalk Moderation
10-10-2005, 07:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.