PDA

View Full Version : Living Toon - 2D - Gamoron

Gamoron
11-12-2002, 04:23 AM
Well, better late then never. I haven't felt all that creative recently. But here goes... I'm still fooling with the idea, I would like to do something funny. But I seem to be an angry guy often, or bitter anyway. And I'd like to contrast with the other entries. Maybe its because I saw Punch-Drunk Love last night, its still swimming around in my head, so maybe that why this is this way.
I'm gonna try for sort of a photorealism colouring job on this, I'd also like the background be funny. I don't know...

wildsheepchase
11-12-2002, 04:38 AM
Nice start! I think you could get the moody feeling with the your character and still have it be comical, if you wanted to...it's going to be all about what you put in the background to contrast with your character.
Can't wait to see the update.:thumbsup:

Slacker
11-12-2002, 04:46 AM
if it helps, that pose made me laugh.

nice start. :thumbsup:

Gamoron
11-12-2002, 05:00 AM
Thanks guys.

You're reply made ME laugh Slacker.

Cheers!:beer:

Tommy Lee
11-12-2002, 12:16 PM
Howdy Gamoron!

Meanwhile ya know me, and I love that sick toon:thumbsup:

It reminds me a bit on my entry....hehe!!!!

I think we ar nearly same in reallife.

Cheerz:beer:

Tommy Lee

Gamoron
11-12-2002, 03:04 PM
Cheers Tommy!:beer:

Kirt
11-12-2002, 04:23 PM
LOL - I just read in Tommy's thread that you thought he looked like a bad mutha. Well, honestly ... your sketch looks totally derainged! :argh:

But, I mean that in a good way. :D

Excellent start Gamoron! Looking forward to your next update.

Gamoron
11-12-2002, 04:28 PM
Hahaha. Thanks Kirt. I kinda look mean I guess. I've gotten that. But I'm a lot like Indianna Jones, Dark and sinister in the 1st few scenes of the temple of doom, then all of the sudden this goofy silly guy replaces that mental image. And your left thinking "this guy is dorky!"
:beer:

Gamoron
11-16-2002, 05:11 PM
Here's an update. Not sure where the hell I'm going with this. Not looking too funny. So I've added a gradient map, and this is going to become the base. Are any of you familiar with the Tom Thompson and the Group of Seven? Well Tom started his canvases with red bases, so I think that's what I'll do here. Not an all red base but... I gotta get out and exercise and think about this one.

Tommy Lee
11-16-2002, 06:27 PM
Looks interresting. Cant wait to see whats coming up. Maybe Ill try this technic in some of my future works too.:wip:

Tommy Lee

PS: May ya can make a little step by step??? Would be cool:applause:

Gamoron
11-16-2002, 09:19 PM
Here it is. Hope it helps Tommy. Gradient Maps are the easiest thing to use. Like filters. I like them though. They have good effects on final images.

Cheers!

Tommy Lee
11-16-2002, 09:36 PM
Hey thanks man...that was fast:thumbsup:

Cheerz:beer:

OZ
11-17-2002, 08:32 PM
SWEET,RUSTY,COOL!:eek:
I really love your style!!!Great as ever....Another time a prove of ur Art skills!:applause:

wildsheepchase
11-17-2002, 08:35 PM
Looks pretty trippy:D It will be interesting to see how this one develops:wip:

Iguiniz.X.
11-18-2002, 01:19 PM
GREAT art :wip:

So when will you turn in a wearwolf? ^^"

Gamoron
11-18-2002, 01:36 PM
Ummm.... That only happens during a full moon, and when I've had to much to drink.
:scream: :surprised

OZ
11-26-2002, 08:06 PM
hEY! please!give us more of ur stuff !!!!:bounce: More,More,More...pleaze!

Gamoron
11-27-2002, 02:39 AM
I'm sorry but I can't seam to attach images to this post anymore. So I'm not sure what to do. Might have to just place it in the Cg Challenge site. I've tried all day and it says I've already attached my update when I obviusly haven't.
C'est la vie

OZ
11-27-2002, 08:18 AM
Too bad!! I have a lot of problem attaching images too.....:D grraaarr

Poju
11-27-2002, 02:13 PM
I want to see more your cool stuff so here is solution:

http://uploader.axsstudios.com/

So post your stuff and -OZ- too

Gamoron
11-27-2002, 02:18 PM
Hey cool Poju. That is the nicest thing that has been done for me lately. :love:
Cheers!
http://uploader.axsstudios.com/images/Toon.jpg

And thanks for the link to Jagged Path. I live in Ontario and I mountain Bike!

Double nice gesture!
You rock!:buttrock:

Tommy Lee
11-27-2002, 09:47 PM
Looks great dude!!!!!:thumbsup:

Love the coloring:bounce:

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

@Poju: May I post my image there too?

Poju
11-28-2002, 02:06 AM
Tommy Lee: I can't see why not

Gamoron: :buttrock: Keep posting

Carlocki
11-28-2002, 09:26 AM
the lunatic expression come directly from a Torontonian nothing to do !!
very nice

(greetings to great RUSH, Revell's City Hall and Mies van der Rohe's Dominion Centre )

Gamoron
11-28-2002, 02:29 PM
Man Carlocki, you know Toronto! Have you been here before? RUSH! I saw Geddy Lee once walking his little dog across the street in the Uptown area. I've never Understood why Dominion Centre is so important. Well I do, I think, because it was an early use of steel and glass? Either Way Van der Rohe's black steel and glass buildings dominate the downtown business core. I'll try to make it like I've got something to do. There must be something! I should have stayed with the rock climbing idea, but no I wanted to explore something deeper! Bah!

Cheers!

Carlocki
11-28-2002, 02:55 PM
I tell u now few words we will have time to talk about it better
this is my graduating thesis title
Architecture in Downtown Toronto: Mies van der Rohe's Toronto Dominion Centre, 1963-1969.

The TDC is important cause is a three buildings complex (in reality five: four skyscraper and one pavillion: the dominon branch) in a downtown area with a great space for the pubblic realm even if is a private building (by Fairwiev corporation and dominion Bank)

p.s
I didn't make a PM cause it hought it was funny to share this with others.

Gamoron
11-28-2002, 03:10 PM
hey no prob! Thanks for sharing that. I never thought about that aspect though. It does have that very open area surrounding the one tower, nice in the summer. You're doing your thesis on Architecture in Toronto? That's awesome. Nice to see someone in Europe, who's surrounded by all that beauty, old and new, take notice of this northern Hockey town. Sniff, sniff, brings a tear to my eye.
:thumbsup:

Carlocki
11-28-2002, 03:16 PM
yes I spent some time at U of T (with a sort of scholar ship) but I'm graduating at Politecnico di Torino in Italy. Another monument of contemporanety (except Rush records) is the Calatrava galery at BCE place.

Gamoron
11-28-2002, 05:15 PM
Never even heard of that Gallery. I'll check it out. I've only lived here for I guess 3 & 1/2 years now. Still new things to see. Thanks Carlocki.

Gamoron
11-29-2002, 05:52 PM
Update. Well its taken on meaning not the one I hoped but... oh well. I live in Toronto, although I like it and a lot of great things have happened it doesn't feel like home to me. I'm not a city person, but in the future I'll love visiting now and then. I'm generally surrounded by strangers which is represented, I long for the quieter life in a rural area, and I'm struggling with the idea of becoming an artist. I haven't really found my voice yet, maybe I'm getting close, I'm pretty certain my art is going to encompass all forms, not just the classical idea of a painter, but only time will tell. I'll have to give a hint in here that I'm a cheery guy too, cause in no way am I always this grumpy looking. Just sometimes, or when a car cuts me off and I'm riding my bike! ARGH! :)

Carlocki
11-29-2002, 08:47 PM
a skyline appears in the background....

:beer:

Gamoron
11-29-2002, 08:52 PM
Hey Carlocki. Although I shouldn't explain myself I feel I should. I'm not a city guy but I do appreciate architecture. I think I should spend a little time on it there in the background too. More work to do. One thing city's have small towns don't is culture and architecture. Still... I'd like to see Cape Breton, maybe move there someday.
:)

jeroentje
12-01-2002, 09:02 AM
Nice original style, I like rough rendered toons.
Maybe try to blend the two backgrounds a bit.
btw, are you a Biohazzard fan?

Go Gamoron :bounce: Go Gamoron :bounce: Go Gamoron :bounce:

Gamoron
12-01-2002, 10:05 PM
I'm not a huge fan, but I know some songs Like "Shades of GREY!" Yelled in growly voice. :)
I'll see what I can do to the backgrounds. Can't work on it tonight, but I plan on doing more to it tomorrow. Got til midnight on the second I hope.
Cheers!

Gamoron
12-08-2002, 11:27 PM
I seem to have lost a lot of replies in this thread. Don't know what happened. My final image is post at the challenge site. Wanted to do more, but didn't seem to have the time.

Virtuoso
12-10-2002, 11:54 AM
Excellent work Gamoron. Really creative work.Done with a true artists touch.

A true contender for this challenge.........:thumbsup: :beer:

Gamoron
12-10-2002, 01:36 PM
Hey thanks Virtuoso. I think we should name you the official nice guy. You've made great comments all around this thread.
Cheers!:beer: :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.