Does it do alot more than LW tools

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/UVEditPro/

vorlon
11-12-2002, 03:17 AM
Looks interesting though

Kaiser_Sose
11-14-2002, 04:04 PM
Can someone dl the demo and do a quick run down how to use this

I am not all that familiar with the process in LW but it seems to do what I hear people talk about what they want from within LW

It seems to automatically size the maps and has an interactice tweaker

To bad the English documentation is non existent so it would be great if someone can do a quick run down on how to use this

anieves
11-14-2002, 05:06 PM
I downloaded the demo but haven't installed it yet. I guess I can give it a shot this weekend...

Kaiser_Sose
11-29-2002, 07:16 PM
By any chance did you try it and how did it go

anieves
11-29-2002, 09:00 PM
oh, man, I am sorry, I haven't have the time to play with that, I still want to but for the moment I cann't and I thought I was going to have free time this holiday weekend...:argh:

mix
11-30-2002, 04:15 AM
UVedit pro is real cool.
There are a number of things that are realy time consuming, difficult or simply not possible to do in LW alone.
Here are a few major things, but are by no means the only things that UVedit pro has to offer.

1) You don't have to unweld your model to move poly's around, just go into polygon mode and select and move or use the drag tool and just drag the poly's around.( making the meni tutorial
pretty much a thing of the past for full body UV's).

2) You can set the openGL view to see channels seperatly, aswell
as seeing the model as textured wireframe.

3) Symetry works as it should of in LW.

4) You can set shortcut commands up for use with UVedit pro and save the configs, basicly giving you another keybourd just for UV editing.(realy handy)

5) All your UV editing tools are right there in one intuative window.

Having side all this, there is one little problem were if you save out a image file to use in photoshop or something, It is only a screengrab so the resolution is limited.
This is overcome by using UVImaginator though.

All in all IMHO it is deffinatly worth the investment.
:beer:

Kaiser_Sose
11-30-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by mix

Having side all this, there is one little problem were if you save out a image file to use in photoshop or something, It is only a screengrab so the resolution is limited.

Never heard of that tool ... another thing I have to figure how to use ... if I can find it

Is it easy

mix
11-30-2002, 08:45 AM
Basicly it allows you to save out a UV image map in a bunch of different file formats, at any resolution you want.
Its realy handy.
Here:

Kaiser_Sose
11-30-2002, 10:26 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by mix

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was paying with UV edit Pro and it does let you save out the unwrap at any size and format

Under the edit menu hit unwrap and to the right there is a place to put the dimension. From there once you unwrap it you can save it in any format lw works with

mix
11-30-2002, 09:48 PM
I know about the unwrap, what Im saying is when I open the file in photoshop, it only shows what was visible on screen.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.