PDA

View Full Version : "open" attribute

furo
10-05-2005, 03:53 PM
http://www.furo.sk/trash/open.jpg

hello,can you give me an advice,how to create "open" attribute? i know,how to add attribute, but i don't know,how to make it functional... i don't understand exactly,how connection editor works, so i don't know,what to connect where. i don't know,how to set up an expression, e.g. min 0, max 180, default 90 for "opening" something.
and last one, what's better way: create new attribute and open doors e.g. on cars with slider there or to create something like i've seen on facial animations ("sliders" made from curves) - but i don't know,how it works too... i can't find anything in maya help.
thank you for your help in advance

malcolmTG
10-05-2005, 11:29 PM
well you have a couple options actually.

1. use a constraint on the door if you want to throw a controller into the scene.
2. make an attribute and use SDKs from the attribute to the rotation on the door
3. open the connection editor and load the object with the attribute and the door into the connection editor. find and select both the controlling attribute and the rotation attribute and it should connect them together.

there are other ways, but that would be the easiest ones.

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2005, 11:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.