PDA

View Full Version : "Growth". "Flower"? no idea what to call it. (nudity)

freakshow
10-05-2005, 01:22 AM
Hello. It's been a long time since I posted anything here. Music has taken up a lot of time in my life lately. Might be a bad excuse though :blush: Still having trouble balancing the music and the art, I tend to devote all of my time to one of the things and leave the other one unattended for a while, and then I sort of switch. Good news is I think I'm getting out of that nasty habit of never finishing stuff I start (don't think I ever posted anything here that got finished, lol.)

Anyway, enough with the "I'm back"-talk, I'm quite sure none of you remeber me anyway lol.

This is something I've been working on for quite a few hours actually, It is a school assignment. We are supposed to create a CD-cover for any band we like (hence the unfortunate(?) square format), I chose to do one for an imaginary metal band. Might be real dark on some screens, looks just about perfect on my TFT, can't see crap on my laptop and on the CRT it's on the virge of being too dark. I think it will look OK when printed though, if not, I'll lighten it up a bit. I used Poser to create a base for the girl and photoshop for the rest of it.

It is supposed to be finished for print this thursday (2am wednesday here atm) so I just want some last minute thoughts and suggestions before I call it done. Thanks :)

http://zaint.no-ip.com/uploads/Flowers1.jpg

freakshow
10-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Nobody? :) This is the last chance, I am starting to doubt myself, kind of feel like it's missing something. :|

Corvax
10-05-2005, 10:39 PM
looks cool, how much is painted?

only comment would be that the red form lower left corner is kinda obscuring the image it might be nice if you kept it in that rough sketchy stile the background was made in, and that graphically it looks like those black lines are coming out between her buttocks :) , last thing is that you have this yellow orange stuff at the bottom that keeps drawing my eyes to it, but its right at the edge of the canvas and its kinda disturbing my view of the rest of the image.

really nice job thou. :thumbsup:

freakshow
10-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Thank you for the comment.
Alot of it is photo manip. Most of the detail work is painted, the hair is painted. Actually, I would rather say I have sculpted this piece than painted it, thats the best way I can describe it. I like to work that way sometimes, I kind of take a bunch of images and mix them, then start taking away, adding and twisting elements in them to get certain effects or shapes I like and then sort of work from there and tweak until I get the mood I want. I find it works really good for a piece like this.

The red part is one of the things I like the most about this image, but I have heard from some other people too that it is distracting, might try toning it down a bit but I really think it looks dull without it. As for the butt thing, well, didn't think of that, I'll try to find a solution, lol.

Yellow-orange thing. Well, thats just something that appeared there by accident. I like that too though but I can understand how you find it disturbing, I feel the picture needs _something_ down there. I will just have to find out a good solution for that :P

Shin Tsuki
10-06-2005, 01:46 AM
I like the red there. I think it fits. The other thing down on the bottom, though, I'm not sure about. I didn't even notice it until Corvax pointed it out, but now I can't stop looking at it. I'd like to see it stay there, but you may want to either move it up a little or edit the color, or something. Other than that, I think it would make a pretty cool cover for a cd.

CGTalk Moderation
10-06-2005, 01:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.