PDA

View Full Version : Human musculoskeletal model, Reality LE. Now on sale $49.95 (for personal use only).

CDS
10-04-2005, 07:34 PM
****News Update....Nov 22/2005*****

The Max, Maya, XSI, Lightwave and C4D versions are now available.

There is also an .obj/.mtl version that works great.....for any questions about the .obj conversion or purchase, please contact CD Media Studio Inc.
cdmedia@cdmedia-studio.com

http://www.cdmedia-studio.com/purchase.htm

Many of you have seen this musculoskeletal anatomy project mature over the years and I've always wanted to
release a Learning Edition(a cost effective version for personal use).

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=69576 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=69576)

Link to the CG Talk news post when the Realism textbook came out
(Reality Human Anatomy Model Set was used to create the Realism textbook)

Realism A Study in Human Structural Anatomy
Authors: Darryl. Lajeunesse, Carol Edwards, Brenda Grosenick
Publisher: Kasterstener Publications)

In conjunction to my new website I've finally been able to make Reality LE possible.
http://www.cdmedia-studio.com/images/realism/3200x2400covertb.jpghttp://www.cdmedia-studio.com/images/realism/Fullrearlegtb.jpghttp://www.cdmedia-studio.com/images/realism/HrFrontlegtb.jpg

Reality LE is now for sale $49.95(for personal use only).

This model set is an incredible human musculoskeletal reference for anyone wanting
to model humanoid characters or even non-human, as this model set will give you a
great understanding of how muscles layer and attach to bone and tendon in any type
of living endoskeletal vertebrate.

Here is the latest video detailing the growth of the muscle around the skeletal system.

http://www.cdmedia-studio.com/Reality_Grow_720x480.mov (http://www.cdmedia-studio.com/Reality_Grow_720x480.mov) (720x480 .mov 7mb)

What you see here is what you would get with the Reality LE version.

http://www.cdmedia-studio.com/anatomy_anim.html

Its identical to the commercial version(sale price of $4995.00), but its just for personal use only.

Many of you here have shown incredible support for me, my studio and this project and I thank you.

Odie
10-06-2005, 07:35 AM
This is top notch, CDS. I've never seen such a masterful understanding of cg and anatomy. I still can't even begin to fathom the work and dedication that went into this project. That muscle growth animation was very cool. The potential uses for this data set seem endless. I think it's awesome that you've released this personal-use LE version for such an affordable price.

Rudity
10-06-2005, 05:39 PM
When this badboy is out for maya I will be all over it. Hurry up November

Sweetness. Thats a steal at that price. Holy crap!!
Hmm, buy a video game? or this. Pretty friggan easy decision.

Darren

plunq
10-06-2005, 09:25 PM
wow CDS,

for $49.95 how can anyone not afford to buy this amazing anatomical reference!

Rudity got it right... Hurry up Novemer!

CDS
10-07-2005, 04:57 AM
Thanks Odie...its comments like yours which really lets a person know they have done something special. Thanks!

As a tool for artists, it will be vastly superior to textbooks or other non-3d medium for learning human musculoskeletal structures.

Thanks Rudity, I appreciate the support.
LOL I never really thought of that...vid game vs Reality LE....thanks Rudity that totally cracked me up when I read it.

My true intent was to come up with a price point most students could afford, cause I know
how much of a pain it can sometimes be learning anatomy from a textbook. Depth, trajectory layering, origins, insertions, bone landmarks are all tough to learn from print. With this model set you just select the muscle you want to look at and bingo, zoom in and go....and with over 4000 modeled and textured structures it has everything and is easy to navigate. Even with a tame computer system you should be able to pull 3 to 6 fps with the entire model set exposed.

plunq thanks, I sure hope lots of people will be able to get good use out of it...I know a good chunk of my life was put into that model set.

I'm hoping the Maya version will be ready before November(November at the latest)....either way the minute it is ready for release, I will run another posting.

Thanks everyone for your support!

williamsburroughs
10-07-2005, 05:11 AM
Freaking amazing CDS! Awesome work and thanks for sharing the wealth of your knowledge. I can't wait to see the model on my shiny screen.

Can't wait for the XSI or C4D port.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
-policarpo

Layer01
10-07-2005, 02:48 PM
yeah, when that comes out for XSI you can put me down for a copy, i'll be checking back at your website sometime late november-ish. if its out but then i'll buy it pronto :thumbsup:

and i also just have to add a big thank you from all the students, this will be an incredible reference :love:

CDS
10-08-2005, 04:17 AM
Thanks williamsburroughs! Im glad you like it. The XSI and C4D versions should be out just shortly after the maya version(I would suspect no later than the first week in November).

Thanks Layer01, that was my entire intent was to give something back to the CG community at an affordable price.

Thanks guys!

Nichod
10-08-2005, 05:48 AM
Is there anything preventing this from being ported to more open formats like obj? Then it could be open and available to a much broader community.

DanSilverman
10-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Has anyone ordered and received this product? I ordered and got an email stating the following:

Thank you for your purchase, your order is currently being processed(this can take up to 24 hours).
For security of the model set, each and every set is encrypted with a unique licensed serial number to
a specific individual. For this reason I request that you email CD Media Studio Inc. the name of the
individual who will be responsible for this purchase

While I certainly understand and respect this, it has been well over 24 hours since I placed my order (39 hours as of the writing of this post).

CDS
10-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Nichod we are currently working on more conversions, and should have other formats available soon(before the new year).

Hi Dan, sorry for the confusion. The delay is that CD Media Studio Inc. has been waiting for some more information from you(all for licensing purposes). I really appreciated your feedback on the order process, and CD Media Studio is currently working on a better solution to gather registration information and a better description on the purchase process.

Thank you for your patience.

Darktwin
10-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Very cool material here, this would be a worth buy, especially seeing the underlying muscle structure with the superficial muscles, bone skeletal structure. Very nice addition.

Rebeccak
10-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Schweet!!! :love: :deal:

Awesome stuff, must...get...copy... :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

DanSilverman
10-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Thank you, CDS. You did indeed respond to my email and I have responded in kind. It is indeed a growing process and I am very much looking forward to receiving the product.

DanSilverman
10-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Downloading now. Thank you for your quick response.

CDS
10-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Darktwin...Thank you. Yes the model set is an excellent ref for understanding all of the muscle layers, trajectory, origins and insertions. Even if your needing a ref for a non humanoid, its great just to get an idea of morphology for any living creature(real or fiction).

Rebeccak.....I've been a huge fan of your work, I'm glad you like the set.

Sounds Great Dan.....as with any new product, there are a few growing pains. I've just now implemented many of your ideas and registration is now immediate and automated. Thanks again for the input.

faya
10-09-2005, 03:08 AM
Hey there,
I checked out the CDS website and the model does look amazing. Too bad it's not available for Maya yet :( This is why I had to get your book. I ordered it a few minutes ago from amazon for about $100. Judging by the contents and the reviews it has received i think it's money well spent and worth every penny. Thanks!

CDS
10-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Hi Faya I cant comment on the textbook, as I am the author of the 3D models, and my Studio is the owner of the 3D models which was used to create the anatomy content but I nor my Studio own or have any further interest in the textbook.

Im glad you like the content, as the Reaity LE model set was used to create it.

CDS
10-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Due to demand for a Maya, Lightwave ,XSI and C4D versions, the Maya and Lightwave versions will be available on October 19th 2005. With the XSI and C4D versions being available before the end of the month(no specific date has been set yet).

Thank you all!

CDS
10-27-2005, 05:04 AM
Just incase any of you are wondering what the hold up is, in the Maya and Lightwave conversions, I decided to do the entire gamut at the same time....so within the next few days the Reality LE Human Musculoskeletal Model set will be available Maya, XSI, Lightwave and C4D. Im also looking into Blender as well and some other Max legacy formats.

Im not well versed in Blender, so if any of you have any viable solutions/tips for conversions into Blender from Max, I would really like to hear them.

plunq
10-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the update!
Was starting to wonder about the Maya release after Oct 19th passed and no word had come out...
Hope the conversions go easy and painless.

CDS
10-27-2005, 10:57 PM
plunq the conversions are moving along nicely. Look for the release sometime tomorrow, as Im just setting up the ecommerce solutions for all the other packages as well.

inkyspot
10-28-2005, 01:13 PM
I've been waiting for the Maya version of this, since I found your site randomly. This will be incredibly helpful to any artist whether they be 2d or 3d. It's like have a cadaver infront of you without having a real body with all the grossness and mess.

CDS
10-28-2005, 11:20 PM
Well the maya version is now officially for sale.

....actually the maya version is an .obj and .mtl conversion/import so it should theoretically work for any software capable of importing those formats. Im still testing some other apps so I wont endorse anything until I know that its functional in them. Its looking very promising.

The C4D and Lightwave version will also be complete later today.

Inkyspot....yes exactly, I spent more hours than I care to remember navigating around cadavers.

If anyone is interested in some other conversions, please let me know. Either in this thread or by email will be fine.

- LOVELESS -
10-28-2005, 11:52 PM
the anatomy is fantastic!

Hazdaz
10-29-2005, 12:41 AM
Looks fantastic, and the deal is even more so. It's such a deal that even though I am totaly not in that field it is too much of a deal to pass up.

Is the LE version only for a limited time or what? (want to get it but pay some other bills first)

CDS
10-29-2005, 01:34 AM
Thank you Loveless!

Hazdaz....Thank you. Its was my goal all along to find a price point which virtually anyone could afford. In the years I spent creating this model set I realized the need for a learning set such as this, and thus I felt that the Reality LE could be my contribution back to the CG community....and thus the price you see today, will be the same price a year from now.

unseenthings
10-29-2005, 01:50 AM
The C4D and Lightwave version will also be complete later today.

Does that mean they'll be on sale soon as well??

CDS
10-29-2005, 01:57 AM
I estimate another 2 hours and you will be able to purchase them. Just some naming conventions that need to be altered, but the .lws file is looking great....and works excellent with both Lightwave and C4D.

tuna
10-29-2005, 07:17 AM
Looking forward to the XSI version :)

Pavlovich
10-29-2005, 01:52 PM
well, since the maya version is up and running, you just got yourself a customer. looking forward to checking it out.

thanks again--

CDS
10-29-2005, 02:34 PM
Should be sometime today Tuna.

Thanks Pavlovich!

Another News Update**** LightWave and C4D versions are now available*****

Layer01
10-29-2005, 03:21 PM
no XSI? :sad:

*i'm hanging in till xsi version is out ;) *

CDS
10-29-2005, 05:21 PM
***Update****

XSI version is now available.

tuna
10-29-2005, 05:33 PM
***Update****

XSI version is now available.

Wow, so soon, wasnt expecting it for a while. :) I'll be getting this in a few days or weeks.

Layer01
10-30-2005, 07:42 AM
Wow, so soon, wasnt expecting it for a while. :) I'll be getting this in a few days or weeks.

dang that was fast!
yep same here, in a week or two i'll be buying this too!

CDS
10-31-2005, 11:40 AM
Tuna and Layer01....all the main work was done prior to the maya release, all I need to do in the past day or so was just minor naming conventions and beta testing.

I can honestly say, that using polytrans really exports a nice clean .obj and .mtl file. With minor tweaks it has imported nicely into just about every application Ive had beta tested.

Rebeccak
11-10-2005, 03:31 AM
Rebeccak.....I've been a huge fan of your work, I'm glad you like the set.
Wow, thanks! That's a huge compliment! :) Much appreciated. Congrats again on your incredible achievement! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

CDS
11-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Thank you Rebeccak!

It would be interesting to do a little project together combining our talents.

CDS
11-22-2005, 01:20 PM
In the past 24 hours we had some issues with our registration forms, but all is fixed now.

I will have some more updates and a Christmas present for all who have purchased to date....more to come in the next few days.

Thanks to all who have currently purchased the Reality LE model set.

Odie
11-22-2005, 03:17 PM
hey, CDS is it still possible to purchase that textbook?

CDS
11-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Hi Odie. Not from me. I no longer have anything to do with the textbook.

RockinAkin
11-22-2005, 03:59 PM
3ds max version?

CDS
11-22-2005, 04:12 PM
DivideByZero....the Max version was the first one to come out. The entire model set was created with 3D Studio Max.

Rebeccak
11-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Thank you Rebeccak!

It would be interesting to do a little project together combining our talents.
Thank you! That is a big compliment. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

vesalus
11-22-2005, 05:22 PM
that set is the killer, the only thing that bothers me is the reality comercial edition restriction,

quote:EXCLUSIONS: The 3D Models licensed (or assigned) herein shall not be utilized for the mapping of genomic information onto a 3D atlas of the human body to be used for, inter alia, virtual reality environments for medical use and visual data exploration. The 3D Models will not be licensed (or assigned) to a Medical Textbook Publishers or a Known Online Massage-Therapy School as defined below. The 3D Models licensed (or assigned) herein shall not be utilized by a Medical Textbook Publishers or a Known Online Massage-Therapy School as defined below. quote:end

does that mean that as a 3d artist doing sometimes othopedics stuff i cannot use the set to do animation, all i'll be able to do is to use the set to understand how to model my own stuff? if its not usable in medical viz businness then what allow me the commercial version?

so where's the difference with the LE version?

sorry my english is sometimes limited, mostly when it comes to legal text, could you explain further what can be done with the commercial edition, at first i must say that i'm really interested getting the set for my own education (LE) , as i'm really found of that kinda of imagery (from vesalus to d'agoty only to mention those 2) , but in a second view i could manage to get some of my clients to borrow (buy) the commercial licence if it would allow me to animate the set ( as if under surgery field for example with all manipulation ...)

at last, last questions about the C4d version, is it rigged? does it work well with full set aboard?

thanks for the great work you did, expecting any answers...
cheers
vesalus :thumbsup:

CDS
11-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Thank you vesalus.....to put the exclusion into laymens terms. You can not use the commercial model set to map genomic data onto the model set.

Other than the limitation of the actual mapping of genomic data, a company can use it for anything else....medical or non-medical(other than resale since it is a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, royalty-free license).

The only other limitation is with CD Media Studio Inc, and that is I can not sell the model set to a known medical textbook publisher, and or a known online massage therapy school.

The difference between LE and Commercial is, the LE version is for personal, non-commercial, non-public display(thus the reason why it is $49.95)....for a more detailed description please refer to this webpage:

http://www.cdmedia-studio.com/RealityLE_info.htm

The commercial version may be used for commercial use but not for resale since it is a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, royalty-free license.

The current Reality V2.0 is not rigged.

I hope this clears up any concerns you might have.

vesalus
11-22-2005, 06:33 PM
so i can use the set to work in any otherfield of work that exclude medical textbookpublishers and online massage therapy, so i can use it commercialy to do viz stuff for orthopedics ( how to operate, install device, operating technics and so on, for their brochure or educational animations?

sorry to ask but its for getting things clear...

CDS
11-22-2005, 06:44 PM
Actually, you could do work in the medical textbook field, with the commercial version.

The medical textbook publisher exclusion is directed solely at CD Media Studio Inc....in that We can not sell the commercial set directly to a medical textbook publisher. If you were to be hired by a publisher, and you purchased the Data set there would be nothing limiting you to doing medical textbook work. Same goes for the Online massage therapy.

so i can use it commercialy to do viz stuff for orthopedics ( how to operate, install device, operating technics and so on, for their brochure or educational animations?

Yes by all means!

vesalus
11-22-2005, 07:13 PM
ok thats exellent, i'll wait some income and check the LE at first and give the commercial option to my client
( kindalookatthatellofakillingmodelwecouldusefortheworkforareallylowcostof5000 ) :eek: :applause: :applause: :applause:

CDS
11-23-2005, 01:24 AM
vesalus....I completely agree, I think it is a wise choice to check out the LE version before you purchase or look at purchasing the Commercial version.

Odie
11-23-2005, 02:21 AM
Hi Odie. Not from me. I no longer have anything to do with the textbook.

Would I be able to get a copy by contacting your old publisher? I really want to have a printed version of your work so I can show it to people.

CDS
11-23-2005, 02:28 AM
The last time I checked (about 5 months ago) its still being sold on amazon.

vesalus
11-23-2005, 09:20 AM
thanks for those infos CDS

CDS
11-23-2005, 03:18 PM
Not a problem. Just keep in mind I have a Christmas present in store for all who have purchased the model set to date.

Hint: It covers the body, and its going to be 80% photo real.

vesalus
11-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Not a problem. Just keep in mind I have a Christmas present in store for all who have purchased the model set to date.

Hint: It covers the body, and its going to be 80% photo real.

what date are you talking about? :hmm:
and for the christmas present, let me guess....hmmm...
a thong? :D

CDS
11-23-2005, 07:37 PM
vesalus.....LOL, a thong....Ummm, No. Sure would be easier tho.

As for this present, Im hoping for an offical release date of Dec 01.

Anyone who has purchased the model set up to the release date of Dec 01 will be eligable.

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2005, 07:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.