PDA

View Full Version : Animation "The Button"

Telis
11-11-2002, 07:39 PM
So finally I finished my short "The button". It tells the story about a pirate basically. Not much of story but the film has its share of funny moments. It's 2 min 11 seconds long and weighs in at 5 Mb (divx).

The button (ftp://ftp.shavedowl.com/the_button.avi)

I also decided to shape up my webpage so if you have the time, please feel free to browse it.

My portfolio (http://www.ericthelander.com)

Enjoy.

ps. the link to the film isn't pointing directly to my webpage cause I figure you people wanted to experience as much transfer speed as possible :D .

Shaykai
11-11-2002, 07:43 PM
Awesome portfolio! Awesome site too, very clean design. I really loved your scenes titled "Forrest set" and "Joels house"
very awesome man, keep up the good work!

Viollus
11-11-2002, 07:50 PM
Hello!
I just love that short, I had a similar idea for a first episode in my "Project KILOBYTE" , now I have to change it a bit :)

Anyway, i like your work very much, please go to http://www.kilobyte.republika.pl this is home page of my project, myabe it will interest you (I hope!)

viz
11-11-2002, 10:53 PM
:applause: FINALLY!!! congrats .. very nice work.

MrMunkily
11-12-2002, 12:42 AM
I really love the part where he lifts up his eyepatch to get a better look. That's just genius.

BgDM
11-12-2002, 12:49 AM
Very cool. Laughed my arse off.

A couple of points though:

1) The footstep sound is a little too loud, IMO. They seem to pierce your ears, (mine anyway). Maybe turn those down a tad.

2) There is some mesh intersection at the start just before he scratches his arse. He leans to the left and the intersection is on the left butt cheek and the upper left ham string section.

These points are minor and in no way detract from a great animation.

BgDM

Larry_g1s
11-12-2002, 05:49 AM
Telis nice short. Very cute. :thumbsup:
Nice web site as well. Very clean.

I also checked your web site out Viollus, very clean as well. Good job.

Telis
11-12-2002, 08:21 AM
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you liked it

Viollus->> I paid a visit to your site, and it looks great. And I love the design of the war-hero-robot. I will be interesting to see the first episode.

BgDM->> Sorry for the ear piercing boots. I had 2 recordings of my own boots. One where it sounds like it's a T-Rex walking around and the one I used. It's a bit too much clicking to the boot sound I agree.

Yeah the deformations to his body is not perfect, I tried to hide it as much as possible but for that particularly moment when he stands on one leg I couldn't because he would loose his humorous pose. So everyone DON'T look at his belly when he stands on one leg :D

stephen2002
11-12-2002, 04:33 PM
great work, I especially like the gladiator impression (cow flying across the stage).

These "button" animations seem to be fairly common... nice work though. They are funny every time if done correctly.

Tylerb59
11-12-2002, 05:38 PM
The background music is Pixar-ish, very classy.

Creative, VERY creative.. gotta love that.

Laughed my butt off, with the other shorts as well.

I just wish I'd quit doing racecars and get around to some character modeling. You guys get all the fun! :applause:

LordEzzat
11-13-2002, 05:20 AM
Ok i saw your movie very cool...I agree with ty59 very pixar ish and simple but my onulcritique and i say only would be the back ground ...now i know it was simple and all i would love to see maybe a black background with like danger signs or top secret not much but something just to make it more 3 dimensional...uh yeah hope i said that right......other then that a rocking animation with good expressions....very cool!!

LordEzzat:cool:

Telis
11-14-2002, 07:05 AM
Nice to see that the film is making others than myself smiling. I think I will be in this world of "I like my film very much" for another week then I will really start to see all the errors I try to forget:) .

stephen2002 ->>

How did you come across that old film, I thought I had them well hidden deep inside the file-structure on my web-server :D. I remember having to go through every frame of that film making sure that his big feet wouldn't dip through the floor :annoyed:. I'm glad I'm not required to do that these days thanks to a much better character rig.

LordEzzat ->>

Yeah that's a good idea. Maybe I was too lazy when I made the set. I had seen the film 50 % grey and figure it would be cool to have a scene with no boundaries. But a couple of signs would have been nice, thanks for the suggestion.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.