PDA

View Full Version : any BESM (toon) Tutorials

Julez4001
11-11-2002, 07:35 PM
BESM (Big Eye Small Mouth)
Toon shader.

I am using version 1.1.

I would like some more literatur eon this plugin. It seems to crash whenever ou applay a decal oe shaded texture in the zoning area.

Has anyone lese had this problem.

SplineGod
11-12-2002, 12:29 AM
Jen Hachigian usually has some good cel shade tips at
www.celshader.com
also try
www.celshaded.com

Celshader
11-12-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Julez4001
[BESM] seems to crash whenever ou applay a decal oe shaded texture in the zoning area.

I've had that problem, too, and I can't find a way around it. Selecting anything other than "None" on the Color Texture Use drop-down list will crash LightWave if that surface has any kind of color texture map applied.

If I want to use a color texture on a surface with BESM, I do not touch the Color Texture Use drop-down list. Instead, I'll drop the Opacity of a given Zone to 0% to reveal the underlying color (and color textures) of that surface. From there I can tweak the Brightness and Saturation settings to get the look that I want. I can also increase the Opacity slightly to "tint" the Zone with the color chosen for that Zone.

There's always a way. :)

Julez4001
11-12-2002, 04:30 PM
Thanks man..Thats was a big help!

takkun
11-12-2002, 05:24 PM
Thanks man..Thats was a big help! Dude, HER name is Jen Hachigian, you should probably thank HER.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.