PDA

View Full Version : clothilde questions

mauves
10-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Hi,

I'm looking to animate cloth with clothilde for a commercial. But I've run into some issues, which I don't know if they are limitations of clothilde or just lack of knowledge.

I would like to animate the cloth, i.e. let the cloth engine run and let my polygonobject behave as cloth but I would like to get back at the intial state of my polygon (that is a completely flat) from there, and afterwards animate as cloth again and this in the same take. I can't seem to work out how to do it.

Second I'd like to pause the cloth simulation during some frames, so the cloth would freeze so to speak, and then start again. But this looks not possible to me with the current frame selection the simulation now runs in (auto range or 1 defined range, no multiple ranges)

cheers

AdamT
10-04-2005, 02:38 PM
I'd use multiple copies of your cloth object and hide/show them as necessary. So, copy the object from the point where you want it to go flat, hide the original, and use Posemixer to morph the cloth flat. Then copy the flat object and hide it when you want it to become cloth again and give the copy a cloth tag set to the appropriate frame range.

mauves
10-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks Adam, exactly what I needed.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
10-04-2005, 03:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.