PDA

View Full Version : Import Skin weight maps problem.

mrba
10-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi,

I cant get the Import skin weight maps to work in maya 7! It worked fine in version 6 but now when I export and import in maya 7, itīs gets realy messy, some vertex donīt even get weighted.

There should not be mouch to it since Iīm using the same rigg. Heres how I do it:
I select my skinned mesh, export weight maps, Select my new skinned mesh and import weight maps. I also tryed selecting both the mesh and root bone but with no success.

Anyone else experienced the same problem?

regards

Anders

malcolmTG
10-05-2005, 09:16 PM
personally ive never gotten import/export skin weights to work so i always used copy skin weights.

what exactly are you trying to do that requires you to export and import the weights?

mrba
10-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the tip did not think about that one. I guess I also could use substitute geometry.

my problem was that I already rigged and skinned the characters but then it turned out that some of them where not UV mapped, so instead of re UV maped them I imported the new mesh and just import the skin map and it woud be done.

Thanks again for you help!

Anders

malcolmTG
10-06-2005, 05:10 PM
yea, ive had to do that alot, and copy weights has always done me well.

CGTalk Moderation
10-06-2005, 05:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.