PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray 3 "stopping"

skyPhyr
02-25-2002, 09:36 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is a general mental ray 3 issue or if it's specific to mental ray for maya.

I've had a problem utilizing network rendering whereby all the machines stop rendering. The applications don't crash on any of the machines they just cease to utilize any CPU and thus cease to render.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be most appreciated.

Regards,

skyPhyr

skyPhyr
03-06-2002, 12:58 PM
ok - well I got around the stopping problem - not sure how, but if I'm careful and test render all the time I found that rebuilding of some NURBs surfaces seemed to fix it.

Though network problems now have become more apparent - I'm not sure if this is XP specific, whether it's a general networking problem or whether it's mental ray/ mental ray for maya specific (again)

Anyway here's some output I get in the output window when a machine drops out.

DB 2.n fatal 041500: interrupted by exception code 0xc0000005 (access violation)
MSG 0.n error 011328: read error from host 2: The specified network name is no longer available.
PAR 0.n error 021078: bad message received
PAR 0.0 error 021311: mi_msg_send for non-up connection
PAR 0.0 error 021017: msg send to host 2 failed

I can get all machines back up for a while by restarting maya...

any ideas??

cheers,

skyPhyr

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.