PDA

View Full Version : Illustrator CS2 can't copy from Photoshop....help

andrewjohn81
10-03-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm using the CS2 suite. This use to work.
I'd create a screengrab, but to avoid having the image huge, I would edit them all in one document and change the resolution to 300 or something like that and Then paste each one into Illustrator. That kept them all in the same spot and the same size.

NOW, in CS2, it is giving me an error saying the photoshop file is too large to export. What the hell is that all about. If I just drag the image to Illustrator it works. The problem with that is that they are never in the same place. It drops wherever you let go. That means I have to set up guides and all that.

I know, whoop di doo, but still. Why the hell can't I just copy and paste. I have to reduce the image size to 400x300. Well, that would just be rediculously small and unreadable.

Does anyone know of some checkbox that I am missing that will allow me to actually paste into Illustrator from Photoshop?

halo
10-03-2005, 04:11 PM
cant offer any direct advise, but i sympathise with your problem...have you tried the adobe support forums?

tatiana
10-03-2005, 09:11 PM
If you are wanting one document from Photoshop, why don't you simply do a File/Place in Illustrator and bring the photoshop file with all of the screengrabs into your Illustrator file so all of the elements are positioned/centered the way you want? You have the option to bring them all as separate elements in one layer or as one object. That's what I'd probably do...

t

andrewjohn81
10-04-2005, 04:09 AM
I want to avoid saving the file. I just want to use photoshop to make some super quick changes to the screengrab, like getting rid of the taskbar and maybe zooming one part of the image.

I just want to copy and paste like I've always been able to do.

Oh, and no, the adobe forum was no help at all. I couldn't even find my posts today that I did yesterday. I think maybe they took them off for some reason. I didn't say anything offensive or sound angry though. Although, if they took it off some some stupid reason That would make me angry.

Getting help from adobe is a lost cause. They just want you to pay for it (which is NOT worth the money). The people who answer the phone don't know any more than we do.

Ahmattu
10-04-2005, 10:49 AM
hey,

have u tried Drag n Drop, :drool:

- Ahmad

halo
10-04-2005, 04:55 PM
the fix is to use the unlimited clipboard size plugin found on the installation cd in goodies (or somewhere similar)

Ahmattu
10-05-2005, 08:17 AM
drag and drop

halo
10-05-2005, 11:41 AM
drag and drop

the position of the drag n dropped image changes depending on screen position and zoom, which the op wishes to avoid.

andrewjohn81
10-06-2005, 06:22 PM
yes, thank you halo for restating that for me.

I want to avoid drag and drop. I'll ask the IT guy if I can see the CD. He installed from the network for me so i didn't know about a goodies folder.
thanks for that.

Ahmattu
10-06-2005, 08:38 PM
wanted to help,

thanks again halo, about the clipboard size info, have u tried it in AI CS2??

halo
10-06-2005, 11:31 PM
i think its always good to suggest other ways in which the problem may be solved :), i even tried your idea out because i wondered if holding a modifier key down would center the image into AI rather than randomly placing it (like PS does with layers).

The problem i found when fiddling with it was that PS wouldnt let you export, you couldnt even get stuff into the clipboard.

Unfortunately, i haven't used a clipboard for transfer for ages, prefering to use place and open and import. I suppose it depends on your workflow.

CGTalk Moderation
10-06-2005, 11:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.