PDA

View Full Version : Can any program select a Sub-D Edge Loop?

orbitalpunk
10-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Hello there, I was wondering if there is any 3d package that can select a border edge loop while in Sub-D mode in a few clicks. wether its in maya, xsi, max, lightwave. anything. Im building a car door in ploys and converting it to sub d's and just takes for ever to select the outer edges each time so i can full crease them. if any program can do this, pelase let me know. or if there's even a plug-in or script, ill take it.

Thanks so much

eldee
10-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Luxology's Modo can do this

mef
10-03-2005, 02:57 PM
Max can do this. So can XSI. I believe that Maya is now able to do this too, but I'm not to sure of that. There are also scripts and plug-ins for Max and Maya that can do this.

Marc

Hello there, I was wondering if there is any 3d package that can select a border edge loop while in Sub-D mode in a few clicks. wether its in maya, xsi, max, lightwave. anything. Im building a car door in ploys and converting it to sub d's and just takes for ever to select the outer edges each time so i can full crease them. if any program can do this, pelase let me know. or if there's even a plug-in or script, ill take it.

Thanks so much

toontje
10-03-2005, 04:13 PM
I think Blender (www.blender.org) can do it better than the other apps, since it is designed for a fast work flow. You can select edge loops, edge rings and edge faces.

For modelling a car:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/speedtiti/tutoriels.htm

micrypt
10-03-2005, 06:09 PM
3ds Max, 1-2 clicks

orbitalpunk
10-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. Its really appreciated. well im actually a maya user. and no maya can't do this. it can do it sorta on sub-d but only in poly mode, not sub-d mode. so thats useless for creasing. If anyone knows of a script, that would be great.

Otherwise, I will take a look at Modo and XSI. Does anyone know of hand how to do this in XSI or Modo?

Thanks again everyone.

ThirdEye
10-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Only maya has that type of subdivision surfaces, the other apps don't, they're all limited to polygons.

Warlock 279
10-06-2005, 09:08 PM
thought i'd add that lightwave 8 can do this as well...

...i think its pretty becmoing pretty standard on all the latest vesions of the apps.

CGTalk Moderation
10-06-2005, 09:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.