PDA

View Full Version : how do i Create MultiMaterial with 20 sub-materials

Dmaxer
10-02-2005, 10:59 PM
how do i Create MultiMaterial with 20 sub-materials and add it too slot 1 in the material editor

reading max script help I have found multiMaterial() but Im not usre how to use it
any help would be great .
and once again Tahnks for reading :)

Bobo
10-02-2005, 11:36 PM
how do i Create MultiMaterial with 20 sub-materials and add it too slot 1 in the material editor

reading max script help I have found multiMaterial() but Im not usre how to use it
any help would be great .
and once again Tahnks for reading :)

According to the Help

Constructor
multimaterial [ numsubs:<integer> ]

So you would say

meditmaterials[1] = multimaterial numsubs:20

Bobo
10-02-2005, 11:41 PM
According to the Help

Constructor
multimaterial [ numsubs:<integer> ]

So you would say

meditmaterials[1] = multimaterial numsubs:20

Some more info, so you don't have to ask next time ;)

*bold text in Courier font means that the code should be written As Is.

*text in [] brackets means it is optional and could be omitted. For example, to create a default multiMaterial with default 10 sub-materials, you would say
meditmaterials[1] = multimaterial()

*text in <> brackets is a description of what to write in its place. So <integer> means "I expect an integer as the numsubs: argument's value".

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Bobo

Dmaxer
10-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Thanks again bobo , and sorry for all the post this last week or so , but I lost my job a few weeks back so Ive been spending the time getting my head round max script :)
once again thanks for you help

Bobo
10-03-2005, 02:40 AM
Thanks again bobo , and sorry for all the post this last week or so , but I lost my job a few weeks back so Ive been spending the time getting my head round max script :)
once again thanks for you help

I don't mind your questions!
I just wanted to "teach you fishing" instead of giving you a fish, so next time you read the Reference you would get what you need faster :)

erilaz
10-03-2005, 06:37 AM
I don't mind your questions!
I just wanted to "teach you fishing" instead of giving you a fish, so next time you read the Reference you would get what you need faster :)

That's a great way of putting it Bobo! I'll have to remember that.:)

CGTalk Moderation
10-03-2005, 06:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.